Wellness Chicken Formula

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Scottyxx, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Scottyxx

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

Has anyone else tried this food? The can looks like:

[​IMG]

I have recently started Feeding this to Bandit after his recent Urinary Blockage combined with Vet dry food covered in water of course). So far, it seems good, they seem to love the smell, and go right for the food. I mix 1/2 a cat with about 150ml of water each day for them, and then they get 2 cups of dry which is sprayed with 150mls of water.

It has low Ash and magnesium compared to other cat foods, and the PH seems to match my vet wet food.

It really is to early to tell but does anyone have any feedback on this food?

Scottyxx, Apr 11, 2013
  2. Scottyxx

mariposa Well-Known Member

Yes, this is one of the grain-free brands we've been using because of the diabetes. Luckily the cat loves it and it's one of two or three brands that we use. I always make sure a food is grain-free and then secondly I check to see where it's made. It's hard to forget the pet food scares/poisonings of the last few years, so that's important to me, too. Our cat has liked all of the Wellness flavors we've tried so far.

If Wellness has a dry food, I haven't tried it yet. We've been doing the vet-suggested dry grain-free food.

mariposa, Apr 25, 2013
  3. Scottyxx

Yeah my cats love this stuff, way more than the Felidae we had before, and here I was thinking they loved it too!

My vet never suggested this one, but so far...so good! I haven't tried the dry food either, so I cannot comment on it's effectiveness, since mine are on the prescription diet w/d food.

I have noticed since switching the diet they are pooping and peeing A LOT now. Which I guess is good for the wee mans digestive tract!

Scottyxx, Apr 25, 2013
  4. Scottyxx

I haven't heard of Felidae... do you know where it's manufactured? What our vet suggested for dry food is Taste of the Wild so we use that along with the Wellness and other grain-frees for wet food.

I never associated a diet change with using the litter box more often so that's very interesting! It's the opposite for us... since it's helping with the diabetes, our baby is using the box less. :D

mariposa, Apr 26, 2013
  5. Scottyxx

I think its likely because of all the water I am putting in the food right now, it is keeping them regular to say the least! Here is the website for the petfood company: http://www.canidae.com/cats/cat_and_kitten/dry.html

People tend to be in agreement that the Felidae food is the cheapest grain free food you can buy. My guys loved it, but to be cautious for now, we have done a complete diet change, and I cant help but feel the increase in the amount of poop is likely due to the vet food more than the wet food.

Scottyxx, May 6, 2013
  6. Scottyxx

Wow, thank you for that link. I was thinking that since I haven't heard of this food, maybe it's only available in another region of the country (or world)... BUT this proves that I'm not very observant because I pulled up the link you gave and searched for nearby retailers... THREE places that I drive by every Saturday morning on the way to the supermarket. Who knew?! Thank you so much for posting this.

mariposa, May 6, 2013
  7. Scottyxx

I guess you don't really see it unless you are looking for it! I never buy any different brand of cat food so I never notice any other ones. I always go to Global Pet foods for my kitty food, as they do a pet food discount program as well, so if I buy a case I get 1 can free.

Scottyxx, May 8, 2013
Ask a Question