Weird sleeping positions?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by CinnamonKiss, Dec 22, 2012.

1. CinnamonKiss

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

Sassy sleeps pretty....normal for a cat but not Dusty!! Nothing is more uncomfortably hot than taking a nap only to wake up with a few feet of cat stretched right against your side! He is also a master at figuring out out to take up the bottom half of my bed.

Here are some pictures since describing his positions can get beyond wordy: (click to enlarge)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The first one is him on the divider in the bathroom, and the basket was laying on its side when he slept in that one. I added the face one cause it's awfully funny and he was in my lap sleeping. :)
    I'm missing a few. :( Maybe he'll sleep in his other weird positions soon and I can add more! Feel free to add your own pictures at your leisure. :D

CinnamonKiss, Dec 22, 2012
  2. CinnamonKiss

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

Awwwwwwh!

I don't have any pictures, but Sibyl has decided that she's now going to sleep under my blanket with me. I'll wake up in the middle of the night to her sticking her little head under the blanket next to my arm, so she can squeeze in and sleep where it's warm. It'd be cute if it wasn't so irritating. She's allowed to sleep on my bed, but I can't sleep comfortably with her like that. Rotten cat, I swear. Lol.

blurinoctober, Dec 23, 2012
  3. CinnamonKiss

That's adorable!!! I've never heard of a cat trying to get under the sheets! Cats really don't understand that their selfish sleeping habits ruin our sleeping. If you manage to get some pictures do post them, Sibyl sounds so sweet! :) Dusty would never climb under my sheets, which is good because he's like a furnace and I don't need to wake up to a sauna :p They really are rotten and then they don't understand why we're so frustrated, it's their bed they're sharing with us.

CinnamonKiss, Dec 25, 2012
    blurinoctober likes this.
  4. CinnamonKiss

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

I will, of course, post them if I get them! Now that I'm thinking about snapping a picture, she hasn't done it the past few nights! She can read my mind and is doing it on purpose, I swear. Lol. Sibyl can be really sweet when she wants to be, but she's a brat. My fault, though, I've spoiled her from a kitten!

Awwwh, that's lucky for you. And Dusty sounds like he'd be fun to cuddle if it was really cold x]

blurinoctober, Dec 27, 2012
  5. CinnamonKiss

I had two friends over yesterday and they said their cats get under their covers like Sibyl does!! One of my friends has a ragdoll kitten named Salt and she's not so bad because she's small but my other friends cat is full grown and wants right beside her arm :p Maybe it's dependent on how cold it is outside, but I think it's super sweet they love their people so much, like "Here, let me cuddle you owner!" It's better for them to be spoiled though, the alternatives are they don't know how much they are loved! So we're doing a good job when we spoil them rotten :)

Oh, no, no! Dusty is too heavy and makes terrible decisions to lay right on my feet or across my stomach/side!! I wake up and can't move but it's really warm. He won't sleep close us now that it's winter and he could be useful, he wants to burn me up when it's the summer and it's so hot out. He sleeps on the bed but never touching.

I found some pictures on my phone for the thread:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    If Dusty knew I was sharing his sleeping face......I need to take one where he's covering his eyes when he's sleeping, it's adorable :D

CinnamonKiss, Dec 29, 2012
  6. CinnamonKiss

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lol! You should. I think cats are especially adorable when their paws are over their eyes. I hope you catch one to share with us.

Jessi, Dec 29, 2012
Ask a Question