We are not the only ones laughing

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Anne, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Anne

Anne Well-Known Member

I brought this subject up elsewhere. I wanted to know if our cats smile or have a sense of humour. Often we hear of dogs laughing but seldom if ever do we hear about a laughing cat. I used to think that Twinkle was just happy with life but I would be lying if I said I thought I ever saw him smile or laugh. What of your furry little family. Does your cat smile or laugh? Have you actually witnessed this happening even with a cat outside of your home?

I have read that we humans are not the only ones laughing. It's said our cats laugh as well.

Anne, Jul 27, 2015
  2. Anne

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

This is a very interesting statement. I never even thought this to be possible but so many times I said to my partner that my cat, Merle was smiling at us. He just had that look on his face. I have never heard him laugh but I am sure he laughs to himself when he is getting in trouble. He is such a little brat so if any cat was going to smile or laugh it would be him.

Susan Brown, Jul 27, 2015
  3. Anne

Anne Well-Known Member

That make my smile. I suspect Trellum will be along some time shortly to educate me. I found a video or two on YouTube but they have been enhanced and a little irritating some of them. You should take a picture the next time you see Merle smiling. Have a look at this link. I don't suppose you can make these photos up.

http://photos.ellen.warnerbros.com/galleries/smiling_cats

Anne, Jul 27, 2015
  4. Anne

Om gosh that is so cute and that is defintely Merle. That is exactly how he smiles..just like the first picture. I will see if I can get a picture the next time he is smiling at us. He is so full of energy and such a brat, it is hard to catch him still long enough to get his picture.

Susan Brown, Jul 28, 2015
  5. Anne

Trellum Well-Known Member

Lol! You are so funny, Anne =D To be honest I have never seen a cat smile, but I guess some cats do have a sense of humor, I men, some of them seem to do things that they know we might find irritating (I always suppose my bob is laughing inside every time he knocks over a glass of water, lol). But I think most cats faces are not really made to smile. The only thing I have seen close to a smile on a cat is this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He lives in Japan and his known as ''Shironeko''. He looks very smiley.

Trellum, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Anne

Anne Well-Known Member

loloololololololololololololol. I knew you would find something to make me laugh out loud. I am at work today but no one is around this minute so I am allowed to laugh out loud. Twinkle made me laugh many days. Daily I smiled but until recently I never thought of a smiling cat. These pictures are hilarious. I can count on you to find them.

Anne, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Anne

Trellum Well-Known Member

I'm glad you liked it. This is a Japanese cat who lives in a farm, it was a very well known meme in Asia, but not so much over here :( I actually dedicated a whole thread to it, for all those people new to it ;)

Trellum, Jul 30, 2015
  8. Anne

These pictures are absolutely adorable. You can't help but smile and laugh when you look at them. He is an adorable cat. I also checked out the other thread. It was great. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Susan Brown, Aug 3, 2015
  9. Anne

Eaow Well-Known Member

If I heard my cat laugh it would certainly be about how hard I work to make her happy. She could easily do that lying across the couch. :rolleyes:

Eaow, Aug 31, 2015
Ask a Question