Walking the cat

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by footballtim, Sep 8, 2012.

1. footballtim

footballtim Well-Known Member

Do any of you actually walk your cat on a leash? I have seen many videos of cats doing weird things, but I have yet to see one of someone walking their cat just exactly like a dog.

I always thought that doing this would freak out people walk towards you on the sidewalk going the opposite direction. They get closer and closer and then say to themselves, "What kind of dog.......wait a minute, that's not a dog, it's a cat!!!

footballtim, Sep 8, 2012
  2. footballtim

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I did have a cat named Paisley that was okay with being walked on a leash but I didn't train her. She was a stray, so maybe someone taught her to walk on a leash a long time ago. She died of old age in the late 1990's.

ACSAPA, Sep 8, 2012
  3. footballtim

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

It would be a waste of time trying to do it with our cats because they like to just do their own thing. They wouldn't walk in a straight path, they would either just plop down and lay there or start running all over the place chasing other animals.

OhioTom76, Sep 9, 2012
Ask a Question