This Week Is Adopt A Less Adoptable Pet Week

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by ACSAPA, Sep 17, 2012.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I was reading an article about how this week is Adopt A Less Adoptable Pet Week.
    I wasn't surprised that cats with feline HIV or missing eyes are hard to adopt out, but I am surprised that black cats are still undesirable. It's disgusting that in this day and age, some people are still ignorant enough to reject a cat for having black fur.

Also shown as less desirable are older cats and cats with behavioral problems.
    Here's the link to the article.:

http://www.catster.com/the-scoop/adopt-a-less-adoptable-pet-week-petfinder

ACSAPA, Sep 17, 2012
  2. ACSAPA

Jessi Well-Known Member

It's sad that superstition makes black cats unadoptable, isn't it? I would take one in a heartbeat. I don't care what color it is.... it's a cat that needs a loving home.

Jessi, Sep 25, 2012
  3. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I actually think black cats are stunningly gorgeous. I would totally adopt one myself and probably will when I get into a pet friendly building.

I wish every cat had a home, but we haven't even come up with a solution to finding a home for every human being yet.

ACSAPA, Sep 25, 2012
Ask a Question