The new Monopoly piece!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jessi, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Did you guys see this?

They let people vote on what new piece to bring in. The iron piece is out and now this new cat is in!

What do you think? A good improvement?

Jessi, Feb 8, 2013
  2. Jessi

steph84 Well-Known Member

I know some people are going to be angry. They have strong emotional attachments to the iron. I always loved playing the iron, but I will fully embrace the cat piece. It's cute. I can see some dog lovers getting upset about this. ;)

steph84, Feb 8, 2013
  3. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

I was talking to someone last night who always played the iron and was quite upset with it.

When you think about it, though, all the kids who are just now learning the game....

How many of them will actually recognize what that iron even is? We rarely see electric irons as it is, but an old-fashioned one like that? Probably not many.

Jessi, Feb 8, 2013
  4. Jessi

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

Yay! I think it's probably for the best to update the piece. There's also a game called cat-o-poly that we play at my house and the pieces are yarn, a mouse, milk bottle, a dish bowl, and a fish I think.
    I hope not too many people are bothered by the new cat piece. I think the cat is much cuter than the iron and they can just play with the iron from a set they already have if it bothers them so much. This really only affects those buying the new game with new pieces.

CinnamonKiss, Feb 8, 2013
  5. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Aww, that is so cute!

Are the properties cat-related, too? Please tell me there are things like "kitty litter" and "catnip" collection, hehe. :p

Jessi, Feb 9, 2013
  6. Jessi

The properties are different breeds of cat but you can put litterboxes on the properties you own and the "money pot" is called catnip!:D It's a pretty cute spin on the original game.

CinnamonKiss, Feb 9, 2013
  7. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

I found it!

I really want to buy and play this now, hehe. I think it'd be a lot of fun with cat lovers...or kids who like cats. I would've loved it as a kid myself even.

Jessi, Feb 9, 2013
  8. Jessi

Yep, the very same one!! It is fun, my grandma gave it as a gift to me and my sister years ago and we still play it. She bought it off of one of those catalog magazine places, so amazon probably has it for a better price!

CinnamonKiss, Feb 9, 2013
  9. Jessi

shdws Well-Known Member

That's a pretty cool looking piece. The cat looks pretty blinged out.:D

shdws, Feb 12, 2013
  10. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Haha, yeah. I wonder if that means they'll be updating the other pieces, too? After all, who drives a car like the piece in the game any more? I bet people would be furious if they tried to change the horse, though. It seems like everyone always wants to be that piece.

Jessi, Feb 12, 2013
  11. Jessi

msmonkeyfeet Well-Known Member

While I think the cat is adorable and I love cats, there's a large part of me that thinks they should have left the classic game pieces as they are. They've created so many different themed monopoly games, Star Wars Monopoly, Doctor Who Monopoly, New York Monopoly, etc so I sort of think they should have left the original monopoly just the way it was.

msmonkeyfeet, Feb 18, 2013
  12. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I LOVE the cat. I was never that crazy about the iron anyway. I think it's a big improvement. The cat is pretty detailed and cute. I agree that a lot of kids today wouldn't recognize an old fashioned clothes iron like that, so it was probably time for an update. We don't even have an iron, we have one of those Rowenta clothes steamers that irons your clothes by shooting steam at them.

ACSAPA, Feb 23, 2013
  13. Jessi

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

The cat is absolutely adorable! I can see people freaking out over such a classic game being changed. I'm sort of surprised by it but, hey, you're right! Most kids nowadays won't have any idea what the iron is. I even had to ask my parents when I was a child in the 90s about what it was. We always had an old-fashioned iron, but it was electric still. Everyone knows what a cat is, though, it's much safer!

blurinoctober, Feb 24, 2013
Ask a Question