the Manx

Discussion in 'Meet My Cat' started by footballtim, Aug 22, 2012.

1. footballtim

footballtim Well-Known Member

Have you ever seen a cat without a tail? The cat you see in my avatar is a Manx. They do not have a tail. It looks so strange that the previous owners named her Stumpy. We re-named her Tabitha, but because she is used to being called Stumpy, we always call her Stumpy when we are calling her for dinner or anything like that.

footballtim, Aug 22, 2012
    Yolanda likes this.
  2. footballtim

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I've only seen Manx cats in pictures. Your cat is adorable. Hopefully she'll get used to being called Tabitha. She's much too pretty to be a Stumpy.

ACSAPA, Sep 16, 2012
  3. footballtim

tajnz Well-Known Member

:) I have seen a Manx before. I think they're cute. Nice choice of name for your cat too.;) She has the same name as me, except I spell it with an "a" instead of the "i".

tajnz, Sep 17, 2012
  4. footballtim

Epicfied Well-Known Member

I've never seen a true Manx in person. Only picture. They're very pretty cats, including yours.
    If you call her Tabitha enough, she will eventually learn that as well. How long did the other owners have her?

Epicfied, Oct 15, 2012
  5. footballtim

Yolanda Well-Known Member

I've never seen a manx in person either, just pictures. It does look a bit unorthodox, but they do look cute. Just like with sphinxes or the breed with the short legs (I forgot their name.. -_-) people tend to judge them on how they look and not see past that and look into their personalities. I have a thing for cats with a different look or special needs, but not everyone feels the same way unfortunatly. It's good to hear she got a new furever home with you!

Yolanda, Nov 17, 2012
Ask a Question