Spoiling Your Cats?

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Belligerent, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Belligerent

Belligerent Well-Known Member

Do you spoil your cats? What are the ill effects of spoiling your cat?

I constantly spoil my cat and I feel guilty for it. I have her water dish on the kitchen table and she drinks out of it (I clean cat hair before I eat, of course). Every time I go to the bathroom, she wants to be brushed, so I brush her. Whenever she meows for food/treats, I give them to her provided she hasn't had too much food that day and the foods is okay for her.

I just love her so much, it's hard for me to say no. >.<

Belligerent, Dec 2, 2011
  2. Belligerent

Cat Member

Cats are just plain spoiled, cuz they do whatever they damn well please! But it is hard to say no. Willow is a finniky little thing and wants things when SHE wants them. She only wants scratches when she wants them, she only wants hugs when she wants them. So sometimes what I will do is when she comes around for her session of HER love I ignore her! She gets so mad and then becomes persistant with head butts on my leg and reaches up to scratch my leg with her paws....(she has no claws). I think it is so cute that I have to give in. But it kind of keeps a balance of control....well....she still has all the control I just feel better! :)

Cat, Apr 20, 2012
  3. Belligerent

magickat Well-Known Member

I do spoil my cats a bit, certainly more than my husband does! But they give me so much pleasure I think they deserve spoiling :)

magickat, Apr 20, 2012
  4. Belligerent

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

No, we don't spoil our cats. We have been commanded by cat telepathy to pamper them. Yes, cats have taken control of us.

Victor Leigh, Apr 21, 2012
  5. Belligerent

btatro Well-Known Member

Cats deserve to be spoiled. We wouldn't have them if we didn't love them so much! My cat just loves a long and thorough brushing and ends up getting one almost every night :)

btatro, Apr 21, 2012
  6. Belligerent

Jessi Well-Known Member

Exactly! I want to say "no, of course I don't," but cats wouldn't be cats if they didn't demand to be spoiled in some way or another. They just have a presence about them that requires you to do what they command you to.

Jessi, Apr 21, 2012
  7. Belligerent

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

All my cats are spoiled, but the one with diabetes I feel is getting spoiled more these day. I sometimes sleep on the couch with him on a chair right next to me, when he isn't feeling well. I even get up to check on his condition. I treat them like adorable children that brighten my days.

Jenny Heart, Apr 26, 2012
  8. Belligerent

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I think cats are created solely for the purpose of being spoiled. Especially the those bred for show. Like Persians. The Persians do nothing except wait to be groomed and pampered in every way imaginable.

Victor Leigh, Apr 27, 2012
  9. Belligerent

Devonf Member

Yeah once he gets used to something new he likes, it's impossible to refuse! We've never cut our cat off of something like treats and whatever.

Devonf, Apr 29, 2012
  10. Belligerent

steph84 Well-Known Member

My Kitty Love is the ultimate spoiled diva. He has everything from new toys, premium food and treats, trips the the groomers and a memory foam bed. The cat lives a better lifestyle than I do. He was an indoor cat for years, but is now going outside and he likes to prance around the front of the house.

steph84, Apr 30, 2012
  11. Belligerent

Mystique Well-Known Member

Snowy is spoiled senseless! Whenever I'm lying in bed with my laptop, she'll sway her cute little bum and wiggle it between the laptop and me. She HAS to lie down on my tummy even though she knows I'm busy typing and working. Every time I put her next to me, she'll climb right back on. I think it's cute, so I let her be :p.

Whenever my boyfriend and I shop, I'll make a quick stop at the pet store to see what's new. If I like something, I'll buy it for Snowy.

Mystique, Apr 30, 2012
Ask a Question