So, how many here bottle fed?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by SheWolfSilver, Feb 19, 2012.

1. SheWolfSilver

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

I was just wondering how many here had to bottle feed your cats? I got Bella at three weeks and she was no where near being weaned and I bottle fed her for awhile and gradually weaned her off. I enjoyed doing it and she is closer to me than anyone else which I like! LOL

SheWolfSilver, Feb 19, 2012
  2. SheWolfSilver

OK I guess I'm the only one. LOL

She was so tiny and my daughter found her and called and said that the mother had quit feeding her for some reason and that she was part Manx. I had been wanting a Manx because I think they are so neat looking. I have a very tiny hand and the day I got her she fit in the palm of my hand but she had a good appetite and grew very quickly. She will never be very big and is still on the small side about the third of the size of my toms.

SheWolfSilver, Feb 20, 2012
  3. SheWolfSilver

magickat Well-Known Member

I've never had to bottle feed any of our kittens as Smudge is such an amazing mum, she has always kept all her babies well fed. Only one time I had to feed one of them some kitten milk out of a tiny saucer as he was a bit poorly, but he was about 6 weeks old by then so it wasn't too much of a worry and he made a quick recovery.

magickat, Feb 21, 2012
  4. SheWolfSilver

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I have tried bottle-feeding some stray kittens which were abandoned before they have even opened their eyes. It's heartbreaking process. Try as I might, I never got them to live beyond a week.

Victor Leigh, Feb 29, 2012
  5. SheWolfSilver

Wahcashmom Well-Known Member

I had to a few months ago. The mommy had 4 kittens and she would not attach to one of them. She would not feed her, or even act like she was her baby. I had to for about 4 weeks and then she died on me. It broke my heart, and I could not understand why she would not care for that baby.

Wahcashmom, Mar 1, 2012
  6. SheWolfSilver

wils172 Active Member

I used to live next to a farm with lots of kittens that I bottle fed when they weren't getting enough from their mamma.

wils172, Mar 2, 2012
  7. SheWolfSilver

steph84 Well-Known Member

I found four black kitties in front of my door one rainy day and they were so tiny. I had to run out and buy them their baby food and bottle feed them. Well, one little guy was so hungry he started to chew the nipple! He was so eager and wouldn't suck on it. He bit it off with his baby gums. I thought he was going to choke. It was so scary that I called my pet store because I think those nipples were old and crusty. It was the scariest experience ever.

steph84, Mar 9, 2012
  8. SheWolfSilver

Oh, my goodness! I bet that was scary!

SheWolfSilver, Mar 9, 2012
Ask a Question