Sneezing

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by iluvmisha, Dec 5, 2013.

1. iluvmisha

iluvmisha Member

Misha was sick last week, didn't eat for a few days... so I took her to the vet. After $500 they couldn't figure out exactly what the issue was, but she has started eating again and is acting like herself again.... but she is sneezing quite a bit. Do cats actually get "colds" ? every time I hear her sneeze it makes me think of wrapping her up warm and snuggling, like she is "sick" like a human, lol. I even got her a little sweater, that didn't last, she freaked so I had to take it off.
    Any help or advice appreciated !!

iluvmisha, Dec 5, 2013
  2. iluvmisha

Trellum Well-Known Member

Hi there! Sorry to hear your Misha hasn't been well, but I'm glad she's eating again :) I just wanted to tell you (I'll guess here) that there is a big chance she could have an upper respiratory infection. It's very possible, cats get that... but there might be other reasons a cat sneezes persistently: nasal polyps, dental abscess, fungal infection, nasal cancer (I doubt this one), allergies, etc.

Please keep us posted and best of luck!

Trellum, Dec 5, 2013
  3. iluvmisha

Becky Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear Misha has been ill, although it's a good sign that she is eating normally. I wonder if cats are affected by changes in temperature in the same way that humans are? If I go from the cold into the warm then my nose starts to run and I sneeze!

Becky, Dec 5, 2013
  4. iluvmisha

iluvmisha Member

Well, she is doing a lot better, and not sneezing as much.... if she had a respiratory infection wouldn't they have seen that with the x-rays and lab work ?

iluvmisha, Dec 6, 2013
    Trellum likes this.
  5. iluvmisha

Trellum Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that :) Yeah, I guess they would have been able to see that with the x-rays and the lab work :) I'd not worry that much about that now tho :) Since Misha is doing better now :)

Trellum, Dec 9, 2013
  6. iluvmisha

steph84 Well-Known Member

My kitties get this way if it is cold too. I try to snuggle with them and keep them warm. It was nice of you to get her a sweater, but I think she would prefer a blanket. Make sure she isn't getting any dairy. That just makes colds worse.

steph84, Dec 9, 2013
    iluvmisha likes this.
  7. iluvmisha

iluvmisha Member

Misha is back to herself, very mischievous !!! You should have seen me trying to wrap Christmas gifts with her in the same room.... that didn't last long !! :) I am kind of bummed out she hated the sweater so much, I would feel so much better with one on her, lol. My fiancee says i'm mean, no... i'm mom !!! ;) How is everyone else's kitty doing ? Below is a pic of Misha's sisters, Moose on the left, and Molly. :)

Attached Files:

iluvmisha, Dec 17, 2013
Ask a Question