Smells cat hate

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Trellum, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

This is so far one of the most interesting cat infographs I've found so far :) I don't know about you, but anything that helps me know more about my cat is fascinating!

[​IMG]

Trellum, Dec 24, 2015
  2. Trellum

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

This is a great post. Sometimes we forget that a cat's sense of smell is so strong. It is a good thing to keep in mind when you are wearing perfumes or smoking. Cigarette smoke is another small they don't like.

Susan Brown, Dec 24, 2015
  3. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

To be honest I hate that smell myself as well, my guy smokes and he himself reeks of cigarette smoke, it's awful! No wonder his cat avoids him D:

Trellum, Jan 2, 2016
  4. Trellum

erik Well-Known Member

I might just put cayenne pepper on my sofa maybe this will prevent my cat from scratching it all the time!:)

erik, Jan 2, 2016
  5. Trellum

nytegeek Member

I don't know. This kind of thing never worked with any cat I have had. the only I have noticed is that they seem to love odors that humans hate.

nytegeek, Jan 2, 2016
  6. Trellum

erik Well-Known Member

They sure love the smell of catnip tho! :) sometimes when I give them food and they don't like the smell we actually tried to bury it on the floor just like poop without the cat litter

erik, Jan 3, 2016
  7. Trellum

nytegeek Member

If a cat is turning it's nose up at food over the odor I think you should probably reconsider what you are feeding it. Cats have very specific dietary needs and there isn't much wiggle room there.

nytegeek, Jan 3, 2016
  8. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

Interesting indeed. At least we have something in common as I hated the smell of the litter box myself.

Anne, Jan 16, 2016
  9. Trellum

MER Well-Known Member

Very interesting in deed. Every cat is different however. Gemma will jump up on the table and lick a freshly cut lemon. Talk about a sour-pus face. She's funny as hell to watch her expressions when she does so. I don't think I have stinky feet, but when I kick my shoes off, Gemma is right there and will just dive right into the shoes and just rub rub rub and try to snuggle down to the toe area of my shoes. I get a real kick out of this after a long day of work.

MER, Jan 21, 2016
  10. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

MER, that sounds quite funny. It sounds like the kind of scene I would like to see in picture form. The one thing that surprises me in the list is banana.

Anne, Jan 23, 2016
  11. Trellum

stillsmallworld.com Member

Ok, this is really gross but my female cat had taken to urinating on the couch. The vet checked her out thoroughly and said it was behavioral. We have tons of heavy duty enzyme cleaners that remove the smell for us, but she'll still do it. I even got a Bissell which vacuums and cleans with water. Then, when I was sick a few weeks ago, we discovered my troublesome cat hates the smell of vicks. So now we put a puppy pad on her favorite spot and cover it in vicks. She doesn't dare go near it now. I have read it can be poisonous if ingested, but it doesn't seem to be an issue since she wont come within FEET of the couch now.

stillsmallworld.com, Mar 5, 2016
Ask a Question