Shironeko!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Trellum, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

I was checking today @Anne 's post today about smiling cats, that of course made me think of Shironeko =D One of my favorite cat memes!! I think he isn't as well known as other cats on the internet, so here it is:

[​IMG]

He is a senior already, according to his profile page he was born on March 8th, 2002! So he is quite old :O He is Turkish van cat and lives in Japan. He is famous for balancing tings in his head and his relaxed demeanor:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trellum, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Trellum

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

Awwwwww he is so beautiful. You got to love that happy, content face. He must be awfully easy going. There doesn't seem to be too much that really bothers him. :)

Susan Brown, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

:):):):):) There you go again. A whole thread for smiling Shironeko. I am here trying to pronounce the name correctly. He is a delight to watch. I am here thinking Twinkle would have made such nice pictures. I should have taken more and maybe somewhere in there I would have seen a smile. I will search all I have and find something. He was too happy not to have given me a smile.

Anne, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Trellum

I'm glad you liked this thread :) I wanted to introduce this beautiful cat meme to everyone here =D This cat is no longer as famous as it once was, but you can still see a couple pictures of him from time to time. He was more popular in asian countries though, specially back in 2007. He is gorgeous.

Trellum, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Trellum

He is also nicknamed the ''zen cat'', he is a very old meme, he was never very popular in the western world, but he enjoyed great popularity in Asia :) Most of those pictures of him were taken while he was taking a nice nap :)

Trellum, Jul 30, 2015
Ask a Question