Scratching Problem... :/

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by catgirl135, Feb 17, 2011.

1. catgirl135

catgirl135 New Member

Hey guys I really need your help on this. Im new to this forum, and currently, I have a problem with my cat Nibbles, who likes to scratch everything in my house, from the blinds to the carpet. I was wondering if you guys know of any methods to prevent damage other than declawing, which I find is just plain cruel. Anyone got any ideas?

catgirl135, Feb 17, 2011
  2. catgirl135

LilianBeans New Member

Lily has an issue with this too. For some areas, we got the double sided tape to put on it - it works pretty well. Other things, we used a water bottle to squirt her. Making sure your cats claws are trimmed and giving him or her an alternative (I found that the flat scratching boxes with cat nip work well) will definitely help the process as well.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

LilianBeans, Mar 27, 2011
  3. catgirl135

christy sharpton Active Member

My cats love to scratch my furniture as well as my screen windows and doors. The best thing to do it buy a tall scratching post and put some catnip on it and the cats should love scratching that instead. Another thing you can do is buy a water bottle and spray the cat everytime he or she goes near your furniture or etc...

christy sharpton, Nov 21, 2011
  4. catgirl135

Yolanda Well-Known Member

I haven't tried the cat nip yet, that might work very well. I do have a large scratching pole and multiple other scratching poles and -areas around the house, but one of my cats still loves the wallpaper and dinner table better.. it can be quit frustrating at times. Squirting him with water makes no difference. He doesn't seem to link it to the situation somehow. He does find it annoying, but will scratch again anyway.

Yolanda, Nov 21, 2011
Ask a Question