Re-Homing cats for short period of time

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by sam, May 31, 2011.

1. sam

sam New Member

Me and my husband have been told we have to move out of our rented house in november. We will be moving back to his dad's, who has a dog. This mean's we are unable to take out 2 lovely cats with us.
    There is a possibility of finding them a temporary home until we find another place to live. We hope to find another place within 6 months.
    Would this be too much upheavil for them?
    Would it be kinder to re-home them permanently?
    All thought would be greatly appreciated

sam, May 31, 2011
  2. sam

Yolanda Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on where they are going and whether you will be visiting there or not. It might be strange and hard on them if you are out of their lives completely and then suddenly take them back in. This is just my personal view on this, I am not an expert on cat behavior.

Yolanda, Nov 22, 2011
  3. sam

doublelady Active Member

I think it would be better than giving them up permanently, especially if you could find a good place for them to stay. Just make sure you trust who ever takes care of them and maybe get the return signed on paper so they don't end up keeping them.

doublelady, Nov 23, 2011
  4. sam

christy sharpton Active Member

I feel it would be like an adoption thing, and you could try and make arrangements to still see your cats so they know you still love them and care for them.

christy sharpton, Nov 23, 2011
Ask a Question