R.I.P. My Beauties....

Discussion in 'Meet My Cat' started by Olivia Gajadhar, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Olivia Gajadhar

Olivia Gajadhar Member

I've pretty much grown up with cats for all of my life. My first cat was actually two years older than I was. Her name was Bundle. She was a black cat with two white spots (one on her chest and one on her belly). She was a very moody kitty, but loved affection nonetheless. She used to push my door open when I was a kid and sleep at the foot of my bed (I'd wake up with this black furry thing near my feet). She also would try to take off with the dogs' bones. She was quite a character... was very much like a dog herself. :)

My second cat's name was Bella. She was a sweet tortoise cat whom we found outside of our apartment one cold December night. She was hiding underneath the bushes, so my mother went outside with some cat treats and coaxed her out. We couldn't find the owner, so we adopted her. She used to come into my room and climb up on my desk (knocking objects off as she went along). She would even walk right on top of me as I slept. I remember waking up once in the middle of the night with this kitty staring me right in the face. It was startling, but sweet at the same time. :p

These two have passed away. I miss them terribly, but they lived good lives. I now have four other cats (two of whom I found on the streets as kittens). I love cats. They are such beautiful creatures. :)

What are your fond memories of your past lovelies?

Bella.jpg Bundle.jpg Bundle and Bella.jpg

Olivia Gajadhar, Aug 8, 2012
  2. Olivia Gajadhar

steph84 Well-Known Member

Aw, thanks for sharing, Olivia! They will always be in your heart.

steph84, Aug 10, 2012
  3. Olivia Gajadhar

blackcapped Active Member

Awe, what a coincidence between Bundle and my first cat! The first cat that I was ever around was born two years before I was. My parents named her Emily. (It's funny, because if she had not come along, my name probably would have been Emily!) She was a manx cat with silky gray fur, white paws, a white chest, and great round eyes. A truly beautiful cat.

I really wish I had some photos of her. I'll have to upload some next time I visit home.

One of the funniest stories about Emily occurred when I was a toddler. My dad was changing my diaper while I laid on a pile of blankets in the floor, and I was just wailing! Not happy at all about this particular diaper change, you see. Emily thought my dad was hurting me, so she pounced on his back with her black-claws fully extended and attacked him! She was never an aggressive cat at all, so this event was particularly funny. We all still laugh when we talk about it today.

She lived to be 18 years old but had some digestive issues during her last two years. I have had other cats die aside from Emily, but she will always be a fond memory for me.

blackcapped, Aug 11, 2012
  4. Olivia Gajadhar

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

The cat I remembered the most was Hitler, a stray with some Manx in it. He walked into my house one day right off the street as a little kitten with some dirt under his nose, which was why I named him Hitler. After that, my house became an unofficial cat shelter with stray kittens coming in to live without being invited.

Many years later, I moved house and took Hitler along with me. For some strange reason, he didn't like the new house and ran out the moment I put him down. Although I searched for days, I never found him again. So now all I am left with are his memories.

Victor Leigh, Aug 12, 2012
  5. Olivia Gajadhar

nikki Well-Known Member

Awww Im so sorry. It is never easy losing a pet or a member of the family. At least you have some wonderful photos and memories.

nikki, Aug 14, 2012
Ask a Question