Professional Feline Photo Shoot

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Bloomsie, May 8, 2015.

1. Bloomsie

Bloomsie Active Member

One thing my dad and I love to do is take pictures of our cat. For some reason our cat, Wolfy, is incredibly photogenic and is able to stand still for a very long time which helps when actually taking pictures of him.

My avatar right now is an example of a picture that we took of him two years ago. Wolfy is now three years old, but when he turned one, we decided to have a little celebration for him: cat-friendly cake, cat toys as presents, and a photo shoot! Setting up the lights and platform in my dads room, we put together a wonderful photo shoot stand for Wolfy. Immediately, he stepped up to it and began to take some impressive photos. The one on my avatar is a photo that we printed and it hangs in our hallway along with our dog, Roman's (RIP) picture to show friends and family that our pets are family and not just there for entertainment.

Have you ever done a professional photo shoot of your cat or with your cat before?

Bloomsie, May 8, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  2. Bloomsie

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

Oh, your Wolfie is adorable! How long did Wolfie allow your dad and you to take his picture? It seems like every-time we go to take a "planned" picture of Herman and Eddie they turn their head! lol I guess, we need a little more practice and patience! But when it comes to impromptu pictures, my daughter is the photographer in the house, Thanks, to her we have plenty of pictures of our cats. I really need to upload one on my computer and change my avatar, like you have done with your Wolfie. To think, you all set up lights and set up a platform sounds like quite a fun memory! I mean really, I am pretty sure our household would turn into shambles. We would all be screaming and waving our arms around trying to direct the cats. Hmm, think we would not even be talking to each other afterwards, lol. So, bravo to you and your dad!

Herman&Eddie, May 9, 2015
  3. Bloomsie

Trellum Well-Known Member

Your Wolfie is an adorable looking cat :) I can understand what you mean with the photogenic part ;) He is very good looking! I love taking pictures of my Bob as well, he is kinda dramatic and starts meowing at me when he sees me holding a camera. Hence I got a lot pics where he looks like a gremlin showing his evil grin, lol.

Trellum, May 9, 2015
  4. Bloomsie

Bloomsie Active Member

@Herman&Eddie Thank you very much! He stayed on the platform the entire time-- we were just as surprised! There were a lot of lights, however, which probably made him overwhelmed, but he was definitely a trooper! At my mom's I did have a cat that wouldn't stand still at all. But I think Wolfy is a bit different because he grew up with our dog Roman for most of his developing months and only shy of 1-year did Roman pass away. Since then, Wolfy has acted more like a dog than a cat. And his ability to keep still for long periods of time is just an example! It's great that your daughter is the photographer in the house! She's definitely catching not only the moments for you all!

@Trellum Thank you! Sometimes I like to tell myself that if my cat was ever human, he'd probably be a male model! Haha! But I guess most pet owners think that their pet is good looking anyways! Those are always adorable! Have you shared those pictures with us before? Because I would love to see them!

Bloomsie, May 15, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  5. Bloomsie

I did it in the very beginning :) When I was still using Facebook, so I'd store the pictures on their server and then just paste them here. That is not the case anymore though :( My SO says most of Bob's baby pics look odd, he said the pic of him resting in a flower pot (one of my fav ones) well, I took the picture while was meowing (he meows as soon as he sees me) so it looks a bit like an evil grin, lol. My SO was rude and said Bob looked like an evil gremlin.

Trellum, May 16, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  6. Bloomsie

Bloomsie Active Member

@Trellum Aw, well I don't think it should matter what others think of your Bob. He's your baby and you should show him off! Though, I do apologize for your S.O. to do that. If it makes you feel any better, my S.O. loves to call me a "Cat Lady" because I talk to my cat like a regular human being. Some people just aren't that cat friendly, is all! Also, in relation to Facebook, I LOVE to use Facebook to store my pictures of Wolfy. I have an album of just Wolfy from when we first got him to now. Maybe without your S.O. looking, you can share your feline photo shoots with us soon!

Bloomsie, May 17, 2015
  7. Bloomsie

Thank you :) I no longer use Facebook :( But I'm thinking of going back, just to store pictures in their server ;) It's so sweet of you to apologize for him, hehehe! My SO can be so blunt sometimes, it's because of his culture, in their country people are used to say things as they come into their mind, lol. Yes, even if to you or me it sounds rude, to them it's normal.

Trellum, May 17, 2015
Ask a Question