Pepsi sleeping in the dryer

Discussion in 'Meet My Cat' started by Jessi, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

And because none of us dared to move her from her comfy place, lest we be destroyed, she slept there all day, only getting up to move to another spot to get hair all over our freshly cleaned clothes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Oh, and her eyes are actually blue. The flash makes them look red or yellow).

Jessi, Oct 26, 2012
  2. Jessi

steph84 Well-Known Member

Aw, so cute! My cat Romy loves to jump in the dryer too. We have to check out the dryer twice before we turn it on because he almost went for a tumble a few times. He once got stuck in the fridge too! We heard him meowing up a storm.

steph84, Oct 27, 2012
  3. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

She got trapped in the fridge once, too. It only ever happened once, though, and it was when she was pretty young. She doesn't seem to have an interest in it now at all. I'm not sure if it was because she got trapped and it scared her or if it's just that she doesn't like the cold.

Jessi, Oct 27, 2012
  4. Jessi

msmonkeyfeet Well-Known Member

HA! That's adorable! I can't say that I blame her though, everyone loves fresh from the dryer warm clothes!

msmonkeyfeet, Oct 28, 2012
  5. Jessi

andrew320 Well-Known Member

Aw! What adorable photos. I was cleaning out my safe over the weekend and our one cat decided to sit in the safe and wait until I needed it again. Cats are amazing as they like to sit any warm or comfortable place.

andrew320, Oct 29, 2012
  6. Jessi

Becky Well-Known Member

That's so sweet! I love the second photo, that's a great expression she's got!

Becky, Oct 31, 2012
  7. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I think cats simply like clean bedding. I don't use a dryer at home. However my cats wouldn't miss any opportunity to sleep on freshly-washed, dried and neatly-folded clothes. So whenever I take in the laundry, I have to make sure that it's put away safely in the closet before the cats find it.

Victor Leigh, Nov 5, 2012
  8. Jessi

Crazy4Cats Active Member

Very cute picture, I love seeing pets sleeping in some of the funniest places. This reminds me of my cat sleeping in the dryer sometimes, or in the clothes basket.

Crazy4Cats, Dec 9, 2012
  9. Jessi

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

Mine are exactly the same!
    [​IMG]

Scottyxx, Dec 9, 2012
    Jessi likes this.
  10. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Indeed they do! It doesn't matter how it's cleaned....just that it's clean. I think they like getting their scent on anything new and when something has been cleaned, it's as though it's "new" all over again. They simply can't allow that!

Jessi, Dec 10, 2012
    blurinoctober likes this.
  11. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Pepsi is adorable, in spite of the demonic eyeshine. Her expression in the second photo seems to say "Ahh, this is the life." I can't blame her for wanting to sleep among the soft, warm clothes. There are times when I'm folding sheets and blankets that are fresh out of the dryer that I wish I could just go right to sleep on them.
    Thanks for sharing these cute photos.

ACSAPA, Jan 7, 2013
  12. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Confession:

I *have* done that. Pulled the fresh linens out of the dryer, taken them to the bed with the intent of making the bed, and instead, curled up on top of them, lol. Sooooo satisfying.

Jessi, Jan 7, 2013
  13. Jessi

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how I've never replied to this post before, but Pepsi's face is so cute! I love the coloring around her nose and eyes. As for the dryer, Sibyl's done that once or twice! The laundry room where I live now is a separate room with a door, so it's easy to keep her out, but where I used to live it was all open. Sometimes she'd just sneak up on me and lay in the warmth!

blurinoctober, Jan 11, 2013
  14. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Scotty, I have replied since you posted that picture, but I hadn't actually seen it shown up until now. Awesome!

Ours has mostly always been an open area, too, so there isn't really any way to keep the pets out of that area.

Jessi, Jan 11, 2013
  15. Jessi

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

Yeah I cant keep mine out either, I always have to double check that Pussington hasn't jumped in with the clothes...which he has done a few times! She's so silly!!

Scottyxx, Jan 11, 2013
  16. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lmao at the timing of this!

Text conversation with my mom yesterday:

Mom: I'm sorry........a kitty in the dryer...sounds just like a parr of shoes...!!
    Me: Oops!
    Mom: Yes...oops..how was I to know? Good thing I checked..but..she was on all fours when I opened the door..lmao...she was not happy with me!
    Mom: Then as soon as she jumped out the dog chased her..geesh...
    Me: You know she's going to kill you in your sleep tonight, right?
    Mom: Oh no. I hadn't thought about that. Now I'm scared!!

Jessi, Jan 11, 2013
  17. Jessi

Epicfied Well-Known Member

Pepsi and Neko both like getting in the drier. I try to keep the door shut now (full OR empty).
    Last night, even, Neko jumped into the empty drier and just sat there looking out.
    It's like boxes...

Epicfied, Jan 13, 2013
Ask a Question