OMG! I am so relieved!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by SheWolfSilver, Jan 31, 2012.

1. SheWolfSilver

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

I have this stray cat I've been feeding...well, you see it all started with a BBQ potato chip.This past summer we were sitting on the front porch looking off into the distance at the city lights. Hubby was snacking on BBQ potato chips and out of nowhere comes this little starving kitten begging for a chip. That started our relationship with Kit Kat, ever since then he shows up every night to be fed. We hadn't seen him in two days and we were getting very worried. Tonight I saw him going across the field and I called him and he came running while I was running toward him. I was calling him and he was meowing at me it was like some scene from a corny movie. Anyway, long story short he is fine and I have no idea where he had been.

SheWolfSilver, Jan 31, 2012
  2. SheWolfSilver

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Good to know that Kit Kat is safe and sound. Just the other day, my cat went outside without me realizing it. When I came back home, I heard it mewing somewhere outside. After looking around for a while I found that it had been sitting in an old shed next door waiting for my return.

Victor Leigh, Feb 2, 2012
  3. SheWolfSilver

Wahcashmom Well-Known Member

That is wonderful, so happy that Kit Kat was okay. Sounds like a wonderful familly, and lots of love!

Wahcashmom, Feb 9, 2012
  4. SheWolfSilver

It's not all good. Yesterday he showed up and he's limping pretty badly. I'm not sure if it's from a fight or if he maybe got hit by a car or something. He won't let me get close enough to take a good look. He is coming up to eat so I take that as a good sign.

SheWolfSilver, Feb 9, 2012
  5. SheWolfSilver

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Ah, the saga of Kit the Kat kontinues. Now what can you do to encourage him to stay closer to home? And probably stay safer, too.

Victor Leigh, Feb 9, 2012
  6. SheWolfSilver

magickat Well-Known Member

Hopefully he will heal in his own time with the help of you feeding him.

magickat, Feb 9, 2012
  7. SheWolfSilver

Micheleteresa Well-Known Member

Is it possible that while Kit Kat is eating you could throw a towel over him and pick him up and check his leg? It could be something minor that will heal on its own in time, but it may also be something that needs a vets care. I know that vet care can be expensive, but there are low cost vet clinics and if you are in New York I would suggest calling pets for life if you need assistance with medical/emergency animal care.

Micheleteresa, Feb 9, 2012
  8. SheWolfSilver

I think maybe it was just bruised or maybe sprained somehow...He came up to eat today and was putting weight on it. I was able to check it out and it doesn't feel broken.

SheWolfSilver, Feb 9, 2012
  9. SheWolfSilver

Carolinagirl Member

Glad you found your cat, and he is safe. I did not know cats liked BBQ Potato chips. My cats is a picky eater. She will not eat table scraps. I feed her regular cat chow, but she loves Shrimp and Tuna Fish.

Carolinagirl, Feb 11, 2012
  10. SheWolfSilver

Well, he was a little skinny thing I think he was starving and that is why he ate them. LOL We had just moved to the community and well...maybe no one else here would feed him.

SheWolfSilver, Feb 11, 2012
  11. SheWolfSilver

Carolinagirl Member

I am glad your kitten found a good home. It is sad someone abandon the kitten or it had no home. I bet the kitten is so glad you moved to that neighborhood.

Carolinagirl, Feb 12, 2012
Ask a Question