Now another cat is missing.

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by pafjlh, May 2, 2015.

1. pafjlh

pafjlh Well-Known Member

I don't actually believe this is happening. I cam here a few weeks ago and told all of you that one of my cats, Pepper was missing. Its been three weeks now and still no sign of her. Now one of her kittens and one that we were quite attach to Sqiggy is also missing. The problem we have always had with Pepper and Squiggy is they tend to be roamers. They ventured further from our yard then Pepper's other three kittens did. Usually these three would venture no further then a neighbors yard who has a whole lot of trees they can go to for shade. But not Pepper and Squggiy they loved to roam around. We tried to warn them not to do so, and now we may have lost them both.

I am starting to feel like this isn't a coincidence. One cat is missing and now another, something has to be going on, but what I can't determine. I know its not the Humane Society because they don't take cats that are roaming around unless its an emergency situation. So, I know that the pound dind't take them, but who did.

pafjlh, May 2, 2015
  2. pafjlh

Trellum Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that! I thought that by now you'd have heard from her. You know? As soon as I read the title of your post I got the feeling this couldn't be coincidence, if you ask me something is up. It's too much coincidence both of them have gone missing leaving no signs.

Trellum, May 2, 2015
  3. pafjlh

pafjlh Well-Known Member

Yes, I don't think this is a coincidence. Infact, yesterday my sister and I saw a flyer somone posted on a telephone pole a little ways from or home stating that thier small dog is missing. This dog went missing jsst three days before Squiggy did. My brother suspects that someone could of been staking the neighborhood for beautiful animals they could get a hold of who tend to roam from their homes, that they take the animals to sell for a higher price is a high class neighborhood. I hate to think this is what has happened but it does seem odd that pets beautiful pets including our two cats are missing all taking place in the month of April.

pafjlh, May 3, 2015
  4. pafjlh

Kay Dougall Well-Known Member

Hi pafjlh,
    Do you live in an area where there might be foxes, coyotes, or other large wild animals?
    We live in a residential area, three blocks from downtown, but we have hawks, cougar, coyote, bear and fox sightings all the time. Wild habitat is being encroached on by humans and forced wild animals to move closer in to residential areas. I also hate to say this, but there are just some really awful people who steal cats just to get rid of them. I sincerely hope you don't have any of those creeps in your neighborhood. Hope both of your babies come home!

Kay Dougall, May 3, 2015
  5. pafjlh

Trellum Well-Known Member

pafjlh, I didn't want to mention this, but I also thought the same Kay suggested. Do you live in an area with predators? I really hope that is not the case, I do hope that your cats are ok, but sometimes when you live in an area where predators can be found... well, sometimes they venture into the residential areas and hunt. I really hope both of your cats come home soon!!!! I truly hope a predator isn't to blame.

Trellum, May 4, 2015
  6. pafjlh

Amanda New Member

I'm so sorry to hear your furbabies are missing. I assume they are indoor/outdoor? I know cats are typically happier and in better shape if they are allowed to go outside...but statistically, their life span can be so much shorter due to so many dangers and predators. Have you put up fliers, posted on local boards, etc, offered any reward?

Amanda, May 11, 2015
  7. pafjlh

Anne Well-Known Member

I don't want to get involved because this is a sensitive subject for me. I just pray you find them and there are well. When you find them and I am being as positive as I can here, you might want to keep them close. I have heard of cats missing for weeks and then reappearing. I hope this happens since you said they tend to roam.

Anne, May 11, 2015
Ask a Question