Newbie w/ Sick Little One. : (

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Tracy, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Tracy

Tracy New Member

Hi everyone. I haven't introduced myself in the other section yet but hope to once things settle down. I just needed to find a place to talk about my little one tonight, and so I appreciate you all listening.

My cat Scootie is 15 years old and was diagnosed with cancer in January. She's been doing pretty well until this week, and although she's eating, drinking, and using the litter box, she's lost a lot of weight and is sleeping more than ever. My heart is breaking as I watch my sweet little pumpkin slowly drift away, and I just wish there was something I could do for her. Well, to be honest I wish I could save her life and make her healthy again, but since I can't I guess all I can do is love her and let her go when the time comes.

It's just so hard because last year my husband and I separated, then my Mom passed away, then my older cat Jasper died, and now my sweet girl is sick. I feel overwhelmed and so sad right now and I just wish that I could at least keep my Scootie after having lost so much already. But, I am grateful to have had her for 15 years--she is the sweetest cat I've ever known and I am so lucky to have had her.

Tracy, off to cuddle with her skinny little girl and grateful for one more night together.

Tracy, Apr 6, 2014
  2. Tracy

Becky Well-Known Member

My heart goes out to you Tracy, sounds like you have been through a lot recently :( Scootie is very lucky to have had such a loving owner, I'm sure that you are doing everything you can but it's a tough situation for anyone to go through. Stay strong xx

Becky, Apr 9, 2014
  3. Tracy

Tracy New Member

Thank you so much Becky. I appreciate that right now. : )

Tracy

Tracy, Apr 9, 2014
  4. Tracy

Trellum Well-Known Member

Hi Tracy! Sorry to hear about your girl, I can imagine what a difficult time this might be for you, having to deal with so many losses and now your sweet girl is sick. I hope you get to enjoy more time together, just cherish her for as long as you can. I'm sure you will do that :) Try to create more memories with her and enjoy every second, You are doing everything you are supposed to do; you're a great owner! Never forget that!

Trellum, May 1, 2014
  5. Tracy

Tracy New Member

Thanks so much, Trellum. Your post is really sweet and I appreciate it right now.
    : )

Tracy

Tracy, May 1, 2014
Ask a Question