Natural toxins

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Trellum, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

This is so far one of the best info graphs that I have found on the topic, because I think it sums everything up so well. A must have for pet owners who own both a cat and a dog.

[​IMG]

Trellum, Sep 17, 2015
  2. Trellum

MER Well-Known Member

This is quite an extensive list. I knew a lot of them but learned more. Thanks! Something else too that is potentially harmful to your cat is yarn. So typical and cute to see them play with, but if they start to chew on a piece (and what cats don't?), the rough texture of their tongue only allows what ever is on it to travel in one direction. And that's down their throat! There's no way for them to cough it up or otherwise spit it out. My Gemma would love to get in my face when I flossed my teeth. She really enjoys the flavor of my floss. I had to really start being careful because she would chew right through it and I'd have to pull it out of her mouth because she'd just keep on chomping away at it. Some nights it use to be hard remembering if the floss was thrown away or perhaps swallowed. She's got nice pearly whites though! :D Oh yeah, she likes to lick the cap to our toothpaste too.

MER, Sep 17, 2015
  3. Trellum

@MER I'm very glad you found this useful :) Thanks a lot for the warning! I used to get yarn for my cats when I was younger, but not anymore. Thanks for the warning on dental floss, it might sound odd, but I hadn't even stopped to think about it! Also about their tongue, I thought cats could spit out almost everything! This is indeed very good to know!

Trellum, Sep 20, 2015
  4. Trellum

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

This is a great informative list and one to keep on hand. I also knew some of these but like every new chart I learn new things. One can not be too careful when it comes to caring for their pets. They can get themselves into all kinds of things when you are not looking.

Susan Brown, Sep 20, 2015
  5. Trellum

I'm glad you found this one useful and informative :) I strive to post really informative things for all pet owners =D I think this kind of info graphs can and should kept handy, I have already printed some of them, they're specially handy for the little ones.

Trellum, Sep 22, 2015
Ask a Question