National brands

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by JES13, Aug 6, 2014.

1. JES13

JES13 Member

I don't know if I'm allowed, but here goes - I use 4Health cat and dog foods (dry) and am now switching the cats and dog over to the 4Health canned cats and dogs food too - hmmm dog and cat do NOT seem to like the canned foods, but making them try it anyway for awhile (thou dog did throw up a bit a few days ago, but I 'think' she just 'found' a dead something when I let her 'run' loose - )seems o.k., now.

I REFUSE to go back to the "Nestle" brand cat and dog foods as I 'tried' another 'dry' food of theirs, for my 11 year old dog and she began to bleed from her nose and mouth - I never had a problem with 4Health and/or Science diet - the 'cheaper' pet foods are NOT necessarily 'healthy' for them.... (she was in the hospital for 2 days and tested etc.).... She's doing much better, thou, again, I admit my cats and dog are not happy with the canned food :-(

Just asking if anyone else is 'happy' with 4Health too? Thou my vet said to 'never' get store brands foods, but he seemed o.k., with it.... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

JES13, Aug 6, 2014
  2. JES13

Becky Well-Known Member

No worries, I'm happy for you to post that :)

Becky, Aug 11, 2014
  3. JES13

JES13 Member

Thank YOU :)

JES13, Aug 21, 2014
  4. JES13

Trellum Well-Known Member

We used that brand for a bit, it seemed ok for my cat. Never tried the dog one, since my dog is already used to another brand they prefer. But yeah, all in all we are happy with 4Health .

Trellum, Aug 24, 2014
    JES13 likes this.
  5. JES13

JES13 Member

Thanks!! Thou the cats do NOT like the canned foods :-( trying to stay away from the Nestle products, I DID suggest they take out the brewers rice from their foods, I think it may be the 'taste'.... Have a nice week!

JES13, Aug 24, 2014
  6. JES13

JES13 Member

Another (Pet) Nestle product - actually the 2nd one I got this week....

PEDIGREE Adult Complete Nutrition Limited Recall Due to Metal Fragments (Expanded)
    09/01/2014 03:47 PM EDT

At PEDIGREE, we care about all dogs and their safety and well-being is extremely important to us, and to our mission - to make a Better World for Pets. For that reason, we have announced the extension of a previous voluntary recall of PEDIGREE Adult Complete Nutrition dry dog food products due to the possible presence of a foreign material.

. For detailed information pertaining to this Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts message, please click the link at the beginning of this bulletin.

JES13, Sep 2, 2014
  7. JES13

Trellum Well-Known Member

Thank you! Have a nice week yourself as well, I hope they listen to you, maybe if enough people signed a petition! You can try online! I think there is a petition site that ends with ''org''. You can get a lot support there!

Trellum, Sep 6, 2014
Ask a Question