my poor cat

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by craigprunty, Oct 20, 2011.

1. craigprunty

craigprunty Active Member

Not as serious as the title would suggest, but Lola (see Sig) has got a little cut under her chin, I'm guessing from a playfight with Charlie, there is a tiny bit of blood...

...Is there anything I should do? Should I wash it? Disinfect it somehow?

Or just leave it and let it heal? They are due to vets on Tuesday anyway, so do you think it's OK to leave it until then?????

TIA

craigprunty, Oct 20, 2011
  2. craigprunty

Wallie0921 Well-Known Member

I hope Lola is okay now!

Wallie0921, Nov 15, 2011
  3. craigprunty

steph84 Well-Known Member

Aw, poor baby. I like to add a little warm water to a paper towel and pat off my cat's wounds. What is Lola's status now? Give her some extra love and care for me! I hope that there is nothing but good news from the vet. Does anyone else know if you can put neosporin or antiseptic creams on cat's wounds? My cat also had a cut on his chin and I was going to put some on him, but didn't know if it was safe. I just don't know if you can put human ointments on pets! Thanks for any advice.

steph84, Nov 17, 2011
  4. craigprunty

Wallie0921 Well-Known Member

You can put Neosporin on it, but I think you have to put a dressing over it so that he can't lick it off. That's actually why I started buying Neosporin -- my vet recommended it for a wound on one of the cats that's no longer with me. When I saw what a good job it did on his wound, I kept buying it for myself.

Wallie0921, Nov 17, 2011
Ask a Question