My lil girly cat

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by kalasin, Aug 27, 2012.

1. kalasin

kalasin Member

I posted a pic of my cat Sylvie in "Meet My Cat" but I found a better pic and one that always makes me laugh :) This was after she got spayed, and I was also packing to move out of my sorority sister's house.

[​IMG]

kalasin, Aug 27, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  2. kalasin

rara Member

Awe, she is adorable. How old is she ?

rara, Aug 28, 2012
  3. kalasin

Becky Well-Known Member

He he I can see why the photo makes you smile!

Becky, Aug 30, 2012
  4. kalasin

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

What is the cone collar for? Is it to prevent her from licking her sutures? btw I think you have shown more in your photo than you intended.

Victor Leigh, Aug 31, 2012
  5. kalasin

kalasin Member

Yes, she had sutures that she had already torn out :( Cat's don't like cones though- massive understatement!

In this photo she was just under a year old. To this day, I have no idea why she was so fascinated by a box of bras. The straps maybe?

kalasin, Aug 31, 2012
  6. kalasin

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

That's an adorable photo. I think you're right and she was probably interested in the straps of the bras. Cats like pieces of string and strappy things.
    Sylvie is so cute. What a great face she has.

ACSAPA, Sep 1, 2012
  7. kalasin

No, I think she's wondering whether there's a mouse in the bra making that bump. Wait, you said she tore out the sutures. So how long did it take for her wound to mend?

Victor Leigh, Sep 1, 2012
  8. kalasin

kalasin Member

Awhile, actually. She is my first cat so I have no idea what is typical, but 3 days after she came home I had to take her back as she was bleeding and panting. They told me she chewed them off- I didn't want to check myself, since I could tell blood + panting = vet time and didn't want to hurt her further- anyway, they had to put her under again and redo her sutures and she was kept there for another week as she had developed an infection they wanted to watch. She came home with the hard cone for another 2 weeks (of hell) but that seemed to be it.

kalasin, Sep 5, 2012
  9. kalasin

Good to know that all's well that ends well. Actually the vet should have known enough to have told you about the sutures in the first place. Or should have coned your cat right from the start. Re-doing sutures is not something to be trifled with. There's not that much skin to sew up again.

Victor Leigh, Sep 10, 2012
Ask a Question