My dad have over 25 cats growing up!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Herman&Eddie, May 15, 2015.

1. Herman&Eddie

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

Okay, you probably guessed, he lived out on a farm with cows, etc. Well, I never knew about all these cats, until the other day, when my uncle brought up this fact. My dad said, he never gave it much thought. The cats were just always there to keep the rodents away. I think, this might be why my father is not much of a cat lover. They were not really pets, they were just around like the chickens. But still, I would of thought, he would have brought up all his cats at some point. I am thinking, there was never a thought to the cats reproducing, like today. I am not even sure, if this service was available, back then, Anyone know when this service became available. I know, we have had many discussions about feral cats, but it seems my dads farm cats kind of fall between the cracks of a label, They were not homeless, but they were not pets.

Herman&Eddie, May 15, 2015
  2. Herman&Eddie

Trellum Well-Known Member

Wow! 25 cats!!! I have never seen that many cats in one place, I guess not even one of them was allowed into the house? Well, I think I understand your dad's mentality, when you grow up seeing cats as just an instrument to control the rodent population, it is hard to see cats as something else. My mom had a similar experience and as a result she thinks cats are actually yucky.

Trellum, May 19, 2015
  3. Herman&Eddie

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

Exactly, my father is not a big cat lover. He likes his dogs. Thank goodness, he does not have an issue with Herman and Eddie staying at his home this summer! The other day, he went into his office to relax for the evening and he comes walking out with a big smile on his face. Eddie had jumped over the baby gate and snuck in to his office. He sat down and heard this loud meow! Now, you have to understand Eddie is rambunctious, but very shy around strangers! He was laughing so hard because she ran up those stairs so fast. He was quite proud of the way she cleared that baby gate. Only her hind legs hit it and that was only for a bounce!

You would think, she would have been to scared to come back down, but 10 minutes later I caught her rolling around all happy on the carpet outside his office. Good thing, my parents are about ready to relocate to their country house for the summer and taking their dog. This way Herman and Eddie will be able to move about freely though out the house!

Herman&Eddie, May 29, 2015
Ask a Question