My cat likes to lick my face while I'm asleep

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Trellum, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

I was just wondering if this is a normal behaviour for a cat? If it is... what does it mean? I'm not complaining at all, but sometimes when my cat does this in the morning I wake up. Sometimes Bob (my cat) does this very early in the morning and I wake up to the feeling of a really rough tongue on my face :p Is this somek ind of message for me that I can't seem to get or something like that?

For the cat owners out there... is this happening to you often? Is there something I can do to stop this from happening?

Thanks in advance!

Trellum, Sep 26, 2013
  2. Trellum

steph84 Well-Known Member

My cat does this all the time because he wants me to wake up and feed him. He sneaks in my room and licks me and his tongue is so rough and hurts. It wakes me up instantly. I know what you're talking about. I know close my door at night and have a no-cats-in-the-room policy.

steph84, Oct 20, 2013
  3. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

So... I'll have to adopt a no-cats-in-the-bedroom policy? I think that sounds about right, because I don'rt think mine will stop just like that! I'll have no choice but closing my door. I've asked other friends, and they say this doesn't happen to them... and if it does it doesn't happen often.

Trellum, Oct 23, 2013
Ask a Question