My Cat Ate a Hot Pocket

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by steph84, Mar 2, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84 Well-Known Member

My phone rang and I left my pepperoni hot pocket on the table. I came back after 5 minutes and he ate half of it! I have said on here before that he loves marinara sauce, but didn't think he would attack a whole hot pocket! Ugh! I hope he doesn't get sick.

steph84, Mar 2, 2012
  2. steph84

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

LOL That's funny! My cats turn their noses up at people food! I guess they are too good or something. I can't even get them to eat tuna.

SheWolfSilver, Mar 2, 2012
  3. steph84

Micheleteresa Well-Known Member

Other than possibly having some tummy upset from the pepperoni, I think your kitty will be fine Steph.

Micheleteresa, Mar 2, 2012
  4. steph84

steph84 Well-Known Member

Really, SheWolf? My cats surround me when they hear me open up a can of tuna. They can be asleep 3 rooms away, but will always hear the can opener! I have been watching him closely, Micheleteresa and he seems fine. He had the best nap of his life post hot pocket.

steph84, Mar 2, 2012
    Micheleteresa likes this.
  5. steph84

wils172 Active Member

My cats all like the oddest kinds of food as well steph.. for example my 'fat' cat loves to eat green olives, my 'old' guy loves turkey and other meet, and my newest kitty likes to eat any and everything.

Considering hot pockets make me sick half the time I wouldn't be surprised to see your cat have a rough bathroom visit, but other than that I think it should be fine :p

wils172, Mar 2, 2012
  6. steph84

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

My cats thinks highly of people food. I think they are perplexed why I give them stuff from inside a box while I eat such wonderfully smelling food on the table.

Victor Leigh, Mar 3, 2012
  7. steph84

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

I try to give them things and they will smell it and walk off. They will eat a little bit of turkey sometimes over the holidays. When I said my cats won't eat people food I was referring to Booger and Tigger. Bella on the other hand will eat anything with meat in it.

SheWolfSilver, Mar 3, 2012
  8. steph84

Afishy1 Member

It is not likely that your cat is going to get sick from a hot pocket. Cats eat a lot of strange things, but as long as they are things that are food and not toxic to them, they should be just fine. Now, if they were to go and eat a whole onion, or a hot pocket filled with onions (which are poisonous to cats) than you may have something to worry about. This happened a while ago, so I am not imagining that anything went wrong. Good luck and remember that sometimes cats are just really silly and will eat anything that is small enough to fit into their mouth, or that smells good. Just be thankful it was not a string. :)

Afishy1, Mar 20, 2012
  9. steph84

btatro Well-Known Member

The craziest thing my cat has eaten is half a plate of chop suey. I left the room for a moment to get something and came back to my plate half empty adn the cat just mowing away!

btatro, Apr 7, 2012
  10. steph84

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

All my 3 cats have sensitive stomachs. If they even drink a little milk they have too soft of stool. They only eat high quality cat food, and treats. I've heard many people talk about what their cats eat on a daily basis, and always was shocked when I heard they never got sick from eating people food.

Jenny Heart, Apr 9, 2012
  11. steph84

magickat Well-Known Member

My cats will eat almost anyhting and love things like peperoni, they go crazy for pizza! Last night they helped us with our Thai green chicken curry. They love their proper cat food but also like our food too. They very rarely have upset tummies.....

magickat, Apr 11, 2012
  12. steph84

april222 Member

I've never had half of my Hot pocket disappear, however I do have to watch my tortilla chips with my oldest cat Tommy. My youngest cat, Rusty can smell milk from the other end of the house. When I eat cereal I end up standing up, if I try to sit and eat my cereal like a normal person I end up having Rusty climb all over me.

april222, Apr 18, 2012
  13. steph84

magickat Well-Known Member

I found out today that all my cats are crazy about pancakes :)

magickat, Apr 20, 2012
  14. steph84

Anna T Active Member

I bet your cat will be totally fine. If my cat did that, I wouldn't be too concerned because cats eat all kinds of things. Who knows what they eat when we are not looking that we never even know about!

Anna T, Apr 23, 2012
  15. steph84

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Your cat probably just walked by the Hot Pocket and was attracted to the aroma of meat and cheese. I'm sure if it's safe for you to eat, that your cat will be fine. It's just meat ,cheese and bread. It is a funny story and I giggled a little at the image of a cat devouring a Hot Pocket.

ACSAPA, Aug 11, 2012
  16. steph84

blackcapped Active Member

The title of this thread cracked me up when I saw it. Too funny!

blackcapped, Aug 11, 2012
Ask a Question