My boyfriends brother is soo stupid..

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by BeautifulAngel, Jul 13, 2012.

1. BeautifulAngel

BeautifulAngel Well-Known Member

So the other day my boyfriend, his brother and I were sitting in the kitchen talking. My boyfriends brother (let's call him Bobby) made a joke about killing an animal or running over an animal or something and I found this to be very gross and twisted. Why would anyone be thinking of killing an innocent animal or purposefully hitting an animal. When I commented on what he said he replied. "I'm just kidding, I'm an animal activist" I started to laugh because just the other day he told me that if I would get a kitten he would kill the kitten or get a snake and get his snake to eat my kitten. So I answered: "You're an animal activist yet you're going to kill an innocent kitten if I bring it home" he then told me "It's a kitten, cats are dumb, discusting and should all die"

What kind of animal activist is that?

My question is: do you think that someone can be an animal activist however not like a specific animal and not care about them?

BeautifulAngel, Jul 13, 2012
  2. BeautifulAngel

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

No. I think your boyfriend's brother is a hypocrite.

You can't say "I'm in favor of human rights ,but only white humans." and you can't say "I believe animals have rights ,as long as they are not cats."

If you are truly an animal activist, then you believe all animals have rights and should be protected, not just your favorites.

By the way, activist is an action word. Activists go out and do things like volunteer at shelters and protest the abuse of animals. If he isn't out doing things for animals, then he's not an activist - he's a liar.

There's a difference between just being an animal lover and an animal activist. Call him on it, ask him what he does that makes him an activist.

And if you see him hurting an animal, call the police.

ACSAPA, Jul 16, 2012
  3. BeautifulAngel

Rasputin Member

Your boyfriend's brother is a complete moron. Anyone that would even joke about killing an animal has no right in calling themselves an animal activist. I hope his snake eats him instead.

Rasputin, Jul 16, 2012
  4. BeautifulAngel

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

Sounds like he was just trying to get a rise out of you. He may have just been saying it for the sake of absurdity. Kind of like Dead Baby jokes. Laughing at them doesn't mean you actually like dead babies, they're so ridiculously offensive that it's beyond obvious they're not meant to be taken seriously at all.

OhioTom76, Sep 21, 2012
  5. BeautifulAngel

msmonkeyfeet Well-Known Member

I was going to actually use that very example! I'm always laughing at dead baby jokes but that doesn't mean I'd ever really want a baby to die! I think your boyfriend's brother is just being ridiculous and trying to get under your skin. I'd try ignoring him, anyone that would even entertain the thought of killing a kitten isn't someone that's even worth you talking to anyway.

msmonkeyfeet, Sep 26, 2012
  6. BeautifulAngel

Trellum Well-Known Member

Heh, I'd not trust that guy with any living thing... for an animal activist he sounds like a really awful one! An animal activist should have respect for all the animals, no matter how dumb or smart he thinks they are.

Trellum, Apr 3, 2015
Ask a Question