Moving so your cat doesn't have to

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jessi, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has done this, lol. I'll also try to slide a specific paper out from under her without making her get off the whole pile, etc.

Jessi, Jun 12, 2012
  2. Jessi

HappyRocinante Well-Known Member

No, you are not the only one. I will creep out of the bed sometimes when one of my cats is lying on my legs. At one point I had three cats and they would all climb on top of me to sleep. Made it interesting to get up. Here is a picture of them all sleeping on my lap.

Photo-0007_e1.jpg

HappyRocinante, Jun 12, 2012
    steph84 likes this.
  3. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Not my cats. They may sleep on me in my bed but when it comes to my chair, they know better than to sit in it. What I do is just to sit gently on top of them. Once. Then they get the message and never do it again.

Victor Leigh, Jun 13, 2012
  4. Jessi

Dani72 Member

I do that.LOL. I think it's because she always looks so lovely and peaceful, it would be such a shame to make her move. I wouldn't have mine in the bed though. My animals are all banned from my bed.

Dani72, Jun 22, 2012
  5. Jessi

Mystique Well-Known Member

Haha - Jessi, you're not alone! I'm normally caught in between my cats and my partner on the bed. With the duvet over me and my partner, and one or two of the cats sleeping ON it, it could be rather challenging for me to get up! They are sound asleep whenever I'm ready to get up, so I feel bad in waking them up :D The same thing with chairs. One of my cats love sitting next to my netbook on top of the tray, and I don't move him, I let him be and just continue with my work.

Mystique, Jun 22, 2012
  6. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I also have been guilty of moving to make way for my cat. When she sits on "my" spot on the couch, rather than telling her to move from my seat, I just sit down next to her. It feels weird to not sit in my usual place but she actually looks pretty relaxed sitting there ,so I don't bother her.

ACSAPA, Aug 5, 2012
  7. Jessi

Epicfied Well-Known Member

You aren't the only one. I have definitely done then multiple times... especially like in the picture.
    If I'm not careful and sit too far up, Neko will jump in that spot then I don't want to lean back.

Epicfied, Aug 6, 2012
  8. Jessi

steph84 Well-Known Member

I actually sleep AROUND my cats. haha One night I was like "Why am I suffering and having sleepless nights? They're the pets!" Now I have a cat free bedroom at night and they all sleep on the sofa together. They like it now. They just come in the room and wake me up in the morning.

steph84, Aug 6, 2012
  9. Jessi

I started not allowing my cat to sleep in my room as well. She'd wake me up or I'd be restless not wanting to hit her.
    Some mornings, she'd wake be up at about 4-5am to be let out because I sleep with my door shut. =/
    OR she'd just want attention.Those nights were annoying.

Epicfied, Aug 6, 2012
  10. Jessi

Sounds like more of us are being owned by our cats rather than the other way round. Not too surprising, actually. It's really an uphill battle not to be owned by our cats.

Victor Leigh, Aug 6, 2012
  11. Jessi

You have it all wrong if you think you're the owner in that relationship. haha
    Cats were once viewed as gods... they never have forgotten that.

Epicfied, Aug 6, 2012
  12. Jessi

Hmm, I think I have read something about that somewhere.

In the beginning was the Cat and the Cat was God ...

How come dogs were not worshipped as gods?

Victor Leigh, Aug 6, 2012
  13. Jessi

Cats being worshiped was an Ancient Egypt thing. I'm not sure why dogs weren't.
    I'm not sure if there was a specific reason for cats or not... I'm sure there was.
    But to put it in today's time... Why worship who you do rather than someone else?
    I'm sure it was just similar to that.

Epicfied, Aug 6, 2012
  14. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

I have definitely done this! I've done it for the dog, too. I'm always afraid I'm going to roll over on one of them if I'm not careful, though, so then I don't sleep very well until they end up getting up on their own.

Jessi, Aug 6, 2012
  15. Jessi

footballtim Well-Known Member

Tabitha lays on the office chair a lot. When my wife needs to use it, she will use something else so that the cat does not have to move. The same is true with the sofa. My wife will sit elsewhere when Tabitha is laying on her side of the sofa, even though it means my wife will not have the wooden arm rest available to put her food on.

footballtim, Aug 17, 2012
  16. Jessi

nikki Well-Known Member

:D so guilty of this myself. Its the please dont make me move look they give. It then they roll like I staked my claim here and Im a cute kitty

nikki, Aug 17, 2012
Ask a Question