Meeting Other Breeders

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by steph84, Feb 28, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to start up this thread so that other breeders can post here and write about the types of cats they are breeding. Maybe this thread can be used for a little kitty match up? I feel like a dating service!

steph84, Feb 28, 2012
  2. steph84

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Are you serious? I thought we already have too many abandoned cats as it is. Do we need to add to the cat population?

Victor Leigh, Feb 29, 2012
  3. steph84

steph84 Well-Known Member

I agree that there are too many abandoned cats in this world, but breeders do frequent the CatHow forum. I just thought they would like a place to share info. I myself am not a breeder, but don't oppose people who participate in this practice.

steph84, Feb 29, 2012
  4. steph84

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I see what you mean. I think I can go for it provided the people involved in the breeding takes full responsibility for the results. Maybe if it involves pedigreed breeds, the kittens would not be abandoned.

Victor Leigh, Mar 13, 2012
  5. steph84

Daintipawz Well-Known Member

It's a lovely idea Steph, I breed Siamese and Orientals, there is so much involved in breeding it would be nice to share a few thoughts with other breeders here too.

I love all cats so we don't just breed we take on other adult cats in need too and we have had so many come into our lives from different backgrounds and for various reasons.

If any of you get the chance please take a look at my website and let us know what you think...

https://sites.google.com/site/daintipawz/

Sharon x

Daintipawz, Oct 6, 2012
  6. steph84

Trellum Well-Known Member

I think the breeding problem is a problem because the government does nothing to regulate this kind of activities. In my mother country anyone can start breeding cats or dogs to make cash. The government should do more to regulate this kind of activities, like they do in the Netherlands, over there you must pay a tax for owning a dog.

Trellum, May 3, 2015
Ask a Question