Look closely!

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by SallyintheValley41, Jan 23, 2012.

1. SallyintheValley41

SallyintheValley41 Well-Known Member

My two cats loved to sit under the Xmas tree like they were in a forest or something, which is pretty amazing since neither of them has ever lived a day on the outside. Can you see Riff in this picture? I thought it made a cute contest photo so I fell for one those pet photo contests....now they are writing me to tell me Riff has been "chosen" and "selected" for this coffee table book that is being published and it will only cost me 79.99 to have a copy.

What a scam! It is not illegal, but it plays on all the emotions and passions of pet owners,( and we know who we are don't we?) How tempting! How expensive!

Attached Files:

SallyintheValley41, Jan 23, 2012
  2. SallyintheValley41

magickat Well-Known Member

That's extortionate! Is the book printed on gold leaf or something?? I'm glad you didn't fall for it, I expect many poor pet owners will be duped.

magickat, Jan 23, 2012
  3. SallyintheValley41

SallyintheValley41 Well-Known Member

But, if you really think about it, the "lying" part is only that they say it to everyone and don't mean your pic is a winner . You receive this beautiful book, which you can open to YOUR cats picture and show people. Not really illegal, but spammy.

SallyintheValley41, Jan 23, 2012
  4. SallyintheValley41

Belligerent Well-Known Member

Aw that sucks so much. I'm sorry that they did that. The picture is beautiful and very cute, if that is any consolation.

Belligerent, Jan 23, 2012
  5. SallyintheValley41

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

That is just horrible that they would do that to people! I mean think of all the people that would fall for that; particularly senior citizens like yourself that are alone and their pets are all they have! I enjoyed the picture I am so glad you didn't fall for the scam!

SheWolfSilver, Jan 24, 2012
  6. SallyintheValley41

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I love that picture. Riff is gorgeous. It sucks that vanity presses are targeting pet owners with these "contests". There are legit pet contests out there, usually sponsored by pet food companies like Purina, so you shouldn't totally give up on entering Riff's photo in a contest.

ACSAPA, Oct 6, 2012
  7. SallyintheValley41

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

Shouldn't the winners be compensated for their submissions at least? You would think they would send you a free copy of the book or something. Cute picture!

OhioTom76, Oct 18, 2012
Ask a Question