Learn to assemble your own detox salad!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Trellum, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

I've been trying to eat more and more healthy lately, this is how I found this amazing info graph that serves as a visual guide to show you how to assemble your own detox salad :)

[​IMG]

I hope you guys like it and find it useful, you never know when you might need a good salad recipe :)

Trellum, Jul 18, 2015
  2. Trellum

erik Well-Known Member

Love this! I love coconut oil and olive oil on my salad and recently I discovered the wonders of apple cider vinegar with some coconut oil and turmeric powder with brown sugar and chia seeds to top it off... Tastes great with everything !

erik, Jul 19, 2015
  3. Trellum

icekat Active Member

What does a "detox" food do? I hear that word used a lot with different foods, but I have no idea what it actually does for you in a detox capacity.
    Anyway, another great salad is quinoa , with onions and shredded coconut. Quinoa is a complete protein, so it's very good for us. Sorry I don't have a recipe for it, but some stores serve it in their deli sections now.

icekat, Jul 19, 2015
  4. Trellum

I think the ''detox'' term is being used so widely lately, so much I doubt most of those recipes are actually detox or have any detoxing property, lol. But food is food and I love salads! So I loved this chart =D I only wish they stopped using that detox term so much and actually reserved it for things that do actually help to detox. That quinoa salad sounds very good :) I'd need to try it to really know though, I'm kinda picky when it comes to food.

Trellum, Jul 19, 2015
    icekat likes this.
  5. Trellum

Yummy!!! That sounds amazing! What kind of salad did you have?? I might have some troubles getting turmeric powder here, but the other ingredients are easy to find :) It sounds so delicious and healthy, probably one of the best salad dressing I've heard of in a while!

Trellum, Jul 19, 2015
  6. Trellum

erik Well-Known Member

@Trellum i just mix whatever is available in my fridge and put them together!:) @icekat people use the term detox usually as a general term synonimous with eating healthy in contrast with eating processed foods that can cause obesity, diabeted and liver problems in the long run. Others like to get specific with it like "detox" to alkalize the blood or "detox" to get rid of harmful metals that habe already accumulated in your body due to various reasons...

erik, Jul 20, 2015
    icekat likes this.
  7. Trellum

Nice, I will try it and you are right about the detox part, some people use that term so loosely, so much it's starting to lose its more strict meaning. Nowadays I link that term to healthy eating ;)

Trellum, Jul 20, 2015
  8. Trellum

icekat Active Member

Thanks for your replies Trellum and erik. But I'm wondering what a food can do to accomplish that? Do certain foods really somehow neutralize or sweep away toxins from our bodies. I need to do more research on the subject, but I just don't have a lot of free time. I don't like the trend of charging more for foods because of hype associated with them, so I want to be sure of what I'm getting.

icekat, Jul 20, 2015
  9. Trellum

If you want to regulate your pH then you need to consume alkalizing foods. Those can help you keep several infections, bacterias and viruses at bay, as well as fungal infections. Because really acid levels can do that to your body, so you want the opposite effect. Try apple cider vinegar or drinking lemon water in the morning. You can search a list for alkalizing foods too.

Trellum, Jul 20, 2015
    icekat likes this.
Ask a Question