Lazy Cat

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by steph84, May 22, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84 Well-Known Member

I have to very active kitties and one who just likes to lay down and watch them. Does anyone know how to get the lazy cat to join in on the fun?

steph84, May 22, 2012
  2. steph84

Mystique Well-Known Member

Have you tried to take a string and play with the lazy cat and slowly bring it over to the active group? That might help. I had a lazy Persian and she wouldn't join the active cats. But, she would play with her ball on her own or when I play with her using her favourite string. I never found out why she wouldn't join the other cats.

Mystique, May 23, 2012
  3. steph84

violino Well-Known Member

My Tabu (4yo) is lazy now as well. But still she likes playing with strings or anything that moves. Have you tried?
    I think maybe they need more time to play together. Be patient:)

violino, May 28, 2012
  4. steph84

Epicfied Well-Known Member

Maybe your cat is just a bit anti-social. As they said, you can always try a string on her own.
    A laser pointer, if you have one, might be a nice option too. My cats love them.

Epicfied, May 29, 2012
  5. steph84

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

I would suggest the same thing that has always helped my cats when they act lazy. I usually go to the store and buy catnip items for cats. I recently bought a catnip ball that they love to roll around the floors, then, they seem to be more active more throughout the rest of the day.

Jenny Heart, Jun 4, 2012
Ask a Question