Kitty Memorials

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by steph84, Oct 17, 2013.

1. steph84

steph84 Well-Known Member

I know this might be a little morbid, but my cat is my best friend and I have thought about getting him stuffed after he dies. My family thinks it's way too creepy and they have advised me against it because it will be expensive. I'm looking at other options. I know urns wouldn't be the same. Is there some other way like a keepsake that anyone else has done? I was thinking of using his ashes to grow a tree.

steph84, Oct 17, 2013
  2. steph84

Becky Well-Known Member

I like the idea of planting a tree either over the grave or scattering the ashes under it. My former neighbour always called her dogs tree names, and when they died she planted that tree over their grave - I always thought it was a lovely way to remember them :)

Becky, Oct 18, 2013
  3. steph84

steph84 Well-Known Member

Aw, that's such a cute way to remember them Becky. I think a tree would be nicer than just scattering as well. There are so many new companies out their that help you grow plants or trees with pet ashes. I might look into it.

steph84, Oct 20, 2013
  4. steph84

Trellum Well-Known Member

I think using the ashes to grow a tree would be way better than the stuffed cat idea! The former in my opinion is a very sweet and subtle way to remember them, and let that memory live for very very long. If one day your kids come and ask about that tree, you can tell them the meaning of it :)

Trellum, Oct 29, 2013
Ask a Question