Kitty Cravings

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Beth23, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Beth23

Beth23 Well-Known Member

We usually don't feed our cats anything but the food we buy specifically for them. Except when I roast a chicken or a turkey which they love. They lay in front of the stove and wait for it to be done. I don't have the heart not to make them their own plates.

Once in a while we have caught them sneaking other foods you would not give a cat though.

Chip the peach colored cat in my avatar is good. She wont eat anything but her food and the turkey but Kiki, the black and white, is another story. It may be cravings from his diabetes. If I leave my coffee on the counter unattended I have caught him drinking it. He sneaks Doritos and Cheetos from the bag when my kids are not looking. He loves spaghetti sauce.

My oldest son has his own house and his own tribe of kitties. His first cat sassy used to live with us when he was home but he took her with him when he moved. She is so funny. If you leave raw veggies on the table she will take little bites out of them. I had a bowl with zucchini, cucumbers and tomatoes I just picked from the garden and I left it on the table. I noticed little bites out of them when I came back later and then I caught her doing it. She also loves cheerios and my son spoils her

This is her eating them

[​IMG]

She sits like that at the table all the time (snort)

What have you caught you cat eating that surprised you ?

Beth

Beth23, Aug 12, 2012
  2. Beth23

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

My cats eat a lot of things which many people may not like. Things like cockroaches and baby monitor lizards. One of my friends had a tabby which found out how to push the food cover to the edge of the table so that the plates of food under the cover would fall off the table.

I did remember one of my cats taking an inordinate interest in some of the chicks which had just hatched. Fortunately the mother hen was very fierce and the cat only observed from a safe distance.

Victor Leigh, Aug 12, 2012
  3. Beth23

Jessi Well-Known Member

One of ours really likes peas, so we used to use them as treats/toys. I can't think of anything like your example, though. Neither cat is really interested in table food at this point, with the exception of canned tuna of course.

Jessi, Aug 14, 2012
  4. Beth23

Beth23 Well-Known Member

Sassy is a hoarder to or maybe you would call it a kleptomaniac. If I leave my purse open she would go in there and takes things. I thought my son was doing it at first and actually confronted him about it. You know a women and her purse. You just don't go there.

Finally one day I see her run by me with a dollar bill in her mouth. I couldn't believe it. I followed her and she took it behind the couch where she had a big pile of treasures she was collecting. About $23 dollars, (the $20 I thought my son took) cough drops, a pack of gum and my ear pods all taken from my purse. Plus numerous things from my kids dresser. I swear she is like a little person reincarnated into a cats body. We adore her though. Now I just have to figure out how to send her into the bank to go collecting. Just kidding :p

Beth23, Aug 15, 2012
  5. Beth23

Jessi Well-Known Member

So is my sister's! The kids had a miniature cupcake set as part of a barbie or doll set and they hurt so much when you'd step on one. They kept getting in trouble for leaving them out until we realized that it was actually the cat stealing them and them leaving them throughout the house.

Jessi, Aug 16, 2012
  6. Beth23

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I feel so bad for your son. I hope you weren't too hard on him. That is a really interesting and intelligent cat. I wonder what she thinks she's saving those items for. Thank God you saw her running past with the money and discovered her unusual quirk. It would be sad if your kids took the rap for your cat's crime spree.

ACSAPA, Aug 20, 2012
  7. Beth23

steph84 Well-Known Member

I have a new kitty (rescued feral) who will eat anything! She ate my veggie chips, some Doritos my sister left out and some popcorn. She just goes for it all!

steph84, Aug 20, 2012
Ask a Question