Jealousy

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Beth23, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Beth23

Beth23 Well-Known Member

Our female cat Chip adores my oldest son. She went through a brief depression when he got engaged and moved out to his own place. Before he moved out his fiance would stay over at our house once in a while. Since they were getting married she would stay in his room and the cat did not like it.

She threw up on her twice in the middle of the night and would bite her toes when she was sleeping. She never did this to any of us or to his other friends that slept over while he was growing up.

Are your cats Jealous of other people who are close to you ?

Beth

Beth23, Aug 14, 2012
  2. Beth23

steph84 Well-Known Member

My cat Kitty Love is the most ultimate jealous cat. He does not like our new kitties and will cry when they try to rub up against him. I just tell him to be nice "give love" and "give kisses" in a soft voice. That usually soothes him.

steph84, Aug 15, 2012
  3. Beth23

MER Well-Known Member

Gemma has moved me over to her mean list towards me since bringing Rosco home. She very rarely plays with me and forget about picking her up at all. I'm lucky to be able to pet her a few times before she snaps at me. Funny thing is, she'll sleep at my feet like biz as usual (as long as Rosco lets her in bed).

MER, Sep 22, 2015
  4. Beth23

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

Harley was very jealous when we first brought Merle home. He wouldn't even look at us. He was use to getting all the attention. It took some time but he came around. He still gets jealous though if he sees Merle snuggling with us.

Susan Brown, Sep 23, 2015
Ask a Question