Is there a kitty in the box?

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Jessi, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Jessi, Jun 28, 2012
  2. Jessi

QuatreHiead Well-Known Member

Oh! I love this kitty bank! A friend of mines had one sent to her for her birthday! I really wanted to do exactly this with it, give it to a cat to see what would happen. This is clearly a very determined and curious kitty! She is quite adorable too.

Unfortunately I doubt I'd ever be able to do this with her box, she is allergic to cats after all. I do however know where to purchase one. They are on ThinkGeek.com if anyone is interested here after seeing the video. It's not only a good laugh and cute video if you let your cat play with it, but also a wonderfully adorable way to save that gives you a little giggle every time.

QuatreHiead, Jun 28, 2012
  3. Jessi

tajnz Well-Known Member

What a cute video. I loved watching the real cat mimic the toy cat's movement. :) It's amazing how long this toy kept him or her entertained. I'd love to get hold of one of these toys for my cat. I'm curious to see if she'd be as curious. Perhaps I can find one on the internet.:D

tajnz, Jun 29, 2012
  4. Jessi

You can definitely find this online if you would like. I would check ThinkGeek.com. That is the catalogue that my friend said she used to purchase it. There are also a lot of other neat nerdy gifts! It's not a bad source for holiday and birthday shopping too if you have some nerd friends. For example, they have a lot of Dr. Who and Harry Potter merchandise. As well as a lot of other silly and random fun stuff. Take a look.

QuatreHiead, Jun 29, 2012
  5. Jessi

violino Well-Known Member

ROTFL. It's hypnotising :D For me as well as for this cat :D Oh I love such toys and cats' reactions. I love when my cats try to figure out what's inside something... what's moving in there. They are twice as alive and they've got this face expression, they are sooo focused :D

violino, Jun 29, 2012
  6. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

I love ThinkGeek. <3

If you look around, there are actually lots of tutorials to make your own, too. Search for "useless machine"....that's the basic name of the boxes like those.

Jessi, Jun 29, 2012
    QuatreHiead likes this.
  7. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I think the reason why that cat can play for so long with that box is that cats are naturally curious about things which come out of holes. Which is why they make good mousers. I have seen adult cats sit patiently in front of a mouse-hole in the wall, for hours. Without moving. Without getting bored. Without falling asleep.

Victor Leigh, Jun 30, 2012
  8. Jessi

What?! Really? Who would have guessed. Hm. You can figure out how to make this kind of stuff on your own?! What!? That's amazing. All the things you can learn. I suppose it makes sense. Now that we've deviate, I do think I had something I wanted to search for. I will see if there is already a post here on it first.

But thanks for that tidbit! I had only ever seen the catalogue and not gone on the site. More you know.

QuatreHiead, Jun 30, 2012
  9. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

To be honest, I had no idea they even had a catalog. I thought they were an online-only site and that's my only encounter with them. I guess they have both online and offline connections and audiences, so that works!

Jessi, Jun 30, 2012
  10. Jessi

Becky Well-Known Member

Ha ha! That's one determined cat! It looks quite confused by it all though o_O

Becky, Jul 2, 2012
Ask a Question