I'll lick your face clean

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by CinnamonKiss, Feb 17, 2013.

1. CinnamonKiss

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

More sweet cat and dogs getting along GIFS! :p

[​IMG]

Aren't they just adorable? They must be pretty good friends, because I've never seen cats lick other animals randomly!

CinnamonKiss, Feb 17, 2013
  2. CinnamonKiss

Jessi Well-Known Member

Aww. Our dog licks one of our cats....and not just because he's tasting her to her either. They're such good friends! They'll cuddle and sleep together even, so it wouldn't surprise me to see her licking him like this.

Jessi, Feb 18, 2013
    CinnamonKiss likes this.
  3. CinnamonKiss

Awww, that sounds so sweet! I'm jealous, I wish ours got along better. Only Sassy and Dusty lick each other, but they're related.

CinnamonKiss, Feb 18, 2013
  4. CinnamonKiss

Jessi Well-Known Member

Oh don't be jealous. Our other cat balances it out.

My cat absolutely hates them both....and loves to verbalize it. So while there might be the occasional moment between the dog and young cat, my cat more than balances it out by crying and throwing fits when either one comes near her. :p

Jessi, Feb 18, 2013
  5. CinnamonKiss

Oh, they're so silly! Maybe your cat is worried they'll lick her too. :eek: At least you have one good set of pals! I guess we do too, although them roughing each other up can be a pain.

CinnamonKiss, Feb 19, 2013
  6. CinnamonKiss

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

My cat does this with my face!!! He comes up grabs me with his paws, turns me round to face him, then just goes wild licking my chin, nose, and cheek! His tongue is so rough though, its just awful!

Scottyxx, Feb 19, 2013
  7. CinnamonKiss

On your face?!:eek: I've had ours lick my fingers before and wet noses on my face but not the rough tongue! It must be painful, and if your face is on the tickle-ish side like mine, torture!!!:(

CinnamonKiss, Feb 20, 2013
  8. CinnamonKiss

Yes m face! I think he thinks I am a cat, or maybe he is secretly trying to tell me he thinks I am hairy. He did it this morning again, he comes walking up me as I am sleeping. Grabs my face with both paws then starts licking my chin, hen he progressed to the nose, which was oh so painful! If I push him away he gets all sad. I have no idea why he does this!

Scottyxx, Feb 20, 2013
  9. CinnamonKiss

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

The rat terrier that I take care of for a relative who went senile licks my face and sometimes my leg, or hand but I think licking is normal dog behavior.
    My cat doesn't lick me or the dog. At least they can lie down a couple of feet away from each other without fighting, so that's something.
    I guess that's the best I can hope for, considering they weren't raised together.
    It looks like the dog and cat in your GIF are old friends since childhood.
    That would explain why they look so at ease and comfortable together.

ACSAPA, Feb 20, 2013
  10. CinnamonKiss

Are you putting a lotion or other substance on your face before bed? I know our dog will lick a certain brand of lotion when my mom tries to wear it. Maybe he does think you're a cat, or he just wants to take care of you. I know our cats still do it, but they only lick each others face, ears, head and chest. It's like a cat thing to take care of whom they love, or something. I wish there was a cat behaviorist to answer this!:confused:
    Yeah, licking is pretty normal and I've noticed when I meet bigger dogs they lick my hand after I offer it to them to sniff.
    Our dog will try to bite the cat if they accidentally touch while trying to lay in the same space. But out dog is invading the cat's space, so she really has no right to do that! They're not even bothering her. :rolleyes:
    Yours are better than ours which is pretty lucky if they weren't raised together, I wish our dog wasn't so difficult.:(
    They do look like old friends! Their friendship is so cute.:D

CinnamonKiss, Feb 21, 2013
  11. CinnamonKiss

Nope my face is clean and clear! In my head I have a reason, it all started with him licking my chin around the time I got a really bad burn on my chin (a spaghetti related incident...) and I think maybe he was trying to clean my wound / take care of me, and its just escalated from there.

Scottyxx, Feb 22, 2013
  12. CinnamonKiss

That sounds like the very reason! Animals show how much they care by things that we humans would never do. Our dog did that for our cat when he had a wound from a catfight on his head. Most animals lick their own wounds but his was unreachable. Your cat was just taking care of you in a way he could understand.:D He probably did get into the habit and he may also be worried that you'll be hurt again there. It's very sweet of him, despite it being uncomfortable for you.:p

CinnamonKiss, Feb 23, 2013
Ask a Question