If you cat gets pregnant what do you do?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by GA91, Aug 21, 2012.

1. GA91

GA91 Member

What would you do if one of your female cats got pregnant? Would you take it to the vet so that he can terminate the pregnancy? Or would you let it have its kittens?

All three of my cats are neutered but if they were not and one of them got pregnant I would not terminate its pregnancy. I would feel very bad if I did so. In my opinion I would be killing the kittens that are in my cat's belly.

Once the kittens were born I would look for owners for them or just keep those kittens at home. What about you?

GA91, Aug 21, 2012
  2. GA91

Jessi Well-Known Member

Well my cats are spayed so this doesn't happen...

I... didn't know that you could get cat abortions... I've never heard of it before.

Jessi, Aug 21, 2012
  3. GA91

steph84 Well-Known Member

Two of my cats have had cat abortions. Well we didn't get them on purpose. We went to get our cats fixed and the vet had told us that they were both pregnant. He performed the surgery and we had cat abortions. It is possible, but I don't know how far along my cats were at the time.

steph84, Aug 21, 2012
  4. GA91

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

If Dolores wasn't neutered, I would keep the litter of kittens and be the crazy cat lady, but I would get everyone fixed, including the mother cat. I can handle one little of kittens but I wouldn't allow it to happen again.

ACSAPA, Aug 22, 2012
  5. GA91

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Sorry, I had a premature senior moment. I didn't mean neutered, I meant spayed. Dolores is female.

ACSAPA, Aug 23, 2012
  6. GA91

Trellum Well-Known Member

One of my cats got pregnant when I was a little girl, sadly I was just a little girl living with her mother. So my mom decided to give my cat away :( My mom has never been known for having a big heart, specially when it comes to cats. Now as an adult I'd have my female cat neutered right away, right before her first heat. I did the same with Bob, he is an angel now :)

Trellum, Apr 17, 2015
Ask a Question