I have to be the cat food police.

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by footballtim, Aug 31, 2012.

1. footballtim

footballtim Well-Known Member

Just about twenty minutes ago, I once again caught Tabitha, (the cat in my avatar) being naughty. Tabitha has kidney disease so she is on Purina kidney food. Sometimes, when daddy is not looking, she sneaks into the other room and starts eating Phoebe's meow mix pate'. I went into the room and saw Tabitha eating Phoebe's food and Phoebe was licking Tabitha's ears. The two cats obviously love each other, but I am going to have to start closing the door between the rooms when they eat.

footballtim, Aug 31, 2012
  2. footballtim

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Yes, you probably should separate them at meal time but it's adorable that Phoebe was licking Tabitha's ears while Tabitha ate her food. Most animals would get mad at another animal mooching off of them, so it's sweet that they get along so well.

ACSAPA, Aug 31, 2012
  3. footballtim

Jessi Well-Known Member

Awww. Well I'm glad that they don't mind sharing, but it sounds like you definitely need to separate them during feedings. It's a matter of health here. :(

Jessi, Sep 1, 2012
  4. footballtim

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

It depends on the cats. I remember one tabby, Cinda, who would always sit back whenever her kittens came to her bowl. Sometimes her kittens would eat up everything and I have to make something extra for her.

Victor Leigh, Sep 2, 2012
  5. footballtim

mimio Active Member

Give you the medal:
    brave cat food police;)

mimio, May 12, 2015
  6. footballtim

MER Well-Known Member

I've seen plenty of mixed reviews on cat food. Its enough to drive you batty. I don't know much about specialized food for medical purposes. From what I read, cat food companies are just making an extra buck by selling the kitten line of food. What's most important in any food you buy is the list of ingredients. My vet recommended Royal Canin and the article I read about cat food listed this brand as the first one not to buy. Looking at the label, meat wasn't the first ingredient listed. I started using Honest Kitchen Dehyrated food. Mixed reviews on how the cats like it but its real food. You just add water and in a few minutes it comes to life. Its like wet food but is rich in nutrition.

MER, Sep 22, 2015
  7. footballtim

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

Harley is always eating Merle's food. I have to keep an eye on him because he would eat it all. He is overweight so he doesn't need the extra food. He will just push Melee out of the way and Merle will just walk away and let him eat it. Melee won't eat out of Harley's dish and he knows that so he will leave his food in his dish, eat Merle's and then go back and eat his own.

Susan Brown, Sep 27, 2015
Ask a Question