I am the worst kitty mama!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Scottyxx, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Scottyxx

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

So last night, I accidentally locked Pussington in the dryer, for about an hour before I noticed her little crying face! She must have crawled in while I was emptying, and then I closed the door.

Poor little thing was so scared she peed in the dryer.

So I am the worst kitty mama today! Anyone else done anything this stupid before?

Scottyxx, Apr 5, 2013
  2. Scottyxx

BTCGuru81 Well-Known Member

I locked my cat in the basement for a day once. We have a dirt cellar that rankly is fit for neither man nor beast. All of the cats couldn't be more curious about it but I don't let them down there so they all try to get nosey when the door is open. I had to grab a drill for a project I was doing and left the door ajar. One of them worked up the nerve and went down and someone else in the house must have closed it. It wasn't until the next morning that I heard a tiny meow coming from downstairs. This cat is deaf so he doesn't speak much nor does he tend to be sociable. There are days he only comes downstairs one time to eat and re-vanishes so it's not unusual to simply not see him in a day's time or more. I felt like such a jerk. It's pitch black, cold and wet down there.

BTCGuru81, Apr 5, 2013
  3. Scottyxx

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I understand why you feel guilty, but you're being too hard on yourself.
    It was only for an hour and thank God it wasn't turned on.
    At least you noticed that she was in there. You're not a bad cat parent.

ACSAPA, Apr 7, 2013
  4. Scottyxx

BTCGuru81 Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're doing fine. Cats love to get themselves into tough scenarios. You know the old phrase about felines and curiosity. And have you ever noticed they seem to have a complete disregard for their tails? They'll just plop those things wherever. You found your kitty and you love her. She has a good home and a caring owner. In a world where so many poor animals are simply dropped off outside when they are no longer wanted by careless humans, your cat has great luck to have found so concerned an owner.

BTCGuru81, Apr 8, 2013
  5. Scottyxx

steph84 Well-Known Member

Aw, that is so sad! You are not a bad kitty mama. Things just happen. Cats are really curious and your cat wanted to poke around in the dryer and got trapped. My cat Romy once jumped into our fridge for about 8 minutes and he was so cold. We kept hearing muffled little meows, but had no idea where they were coming from and he jumped out once someone went to grab some juice.

steph84, Apr 9, 2013
  6. Scottyxx

Oh man, I bet that will be the next thing to happen! Bandit ALWAYS jumps into the fridge when my back is turned!! I would feel just awful if I locked him in there, because its so cold, and compact! Luckily that has not happened...YET. I am super careful now though!

Scottyxx, Apr 9, 2013
  7. Scottyxx

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Thank God someone went to grab some juice. :eek:
    I think every cat owner has experienced some variation of this story. My cat got locked in the closet once because she wandered in when I was looking for something to wear.
    She got out when I opened the door because I changed my mind and wanted to grab a different shirt. Cats like to hide and it gets them into trouble sometimes. It happens.

ACSAPA, Apr 9, 2013
  8. Scottyxx

Im glad, all the other people doing similar things makes me feel better. Maybe we are all just traumatizing our cats one day at a time. Either way, she doesn't jump into the dryer any more!

Scottyxx, Apr 9, 2013
Ask a Question