hyper cat

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by dkramarczyk, Apr 3, 2012.

1. dkramarczyk

dkramarczyk Well-Known Member

When my cat gets hyper, she'll start running around and she'll jump up on door frames like she's huggung them. Does anyone else have a cat that does silly things like this? Go ahead and share your hyper cat stories.

dkramarczyk, Apr 3, 2012
  2. dkramarczyk

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

My one cat is called our scat cat. He was trapped in the hood of a truck for 3 days, before I took him. Having a playmate seems to have helped a little. I buy him scratch cat toys, and think off things I can buy him, that will help him stay occupied on other things, besides being hyperactive. I've also heard about tapes you can by that help with a cat's hyperactive moods. Most of the music is soothing to the cats that listen to them.

Jenny Heart, Apr 4, 2012
  3. dkramarczyk

That sounds quite interesting. I've never heard of that before, but I suppose, music works for people and children, so it's likely to work for cats as well. I'll have to look into that more.

dkramarczyk, Apr 4, 2012
  4. dkramarczyk

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

My cats don't hug door frames. What they do is hug trees. Well, sort of hug trees.

What happens is that when they are let out, they would run at top speed to the nearest tree and take a flying leap up the trunk then climb up as far as they can go. The funny thing is sometimes, they get too high and just cannot come down again by themselves.

Victor Leigh, Apr 5, 2012
    dkramarczyk likes this.
  5. dkramarczyk

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

LOL Yea! I have one! My manx Bella is super hyper! She bounces off walls, hugs door frames, runs circles in my big bath tub, she even tries to join me in the bath tub, all kinds of silly things! I just buy her all kinds of toys and stuff to keep her occupied.

SheWolfSilver, Apr 5, 2012
    dkramarczyk likes this.
  6. dkramarczyk

Well I'm glad I've found that someone else has a cat that hugs door frames as well. Sometimes it seemed like my cat was just crazy. We also put a bath mat on the edge of the tub, she'll lay down on it and dig her clothes in on both sides and pull up, which makes her look like she's trying to fly on the magical bath mat ride.

dkramarczyk, Apr 7, 2012
  7. dkramarczyk

WebWorkingGirl New Member

Oh my goodness! My cat LOVES jumping on the doorframes, he'll dig his claws right in and hang as long as he can before sliding down - he usually makes it almost all the way to the top - it's bizarre to watch. EVERY door in my house has big long claw marks from it. I have never heard of anyone else's cat doing this before - I am amazed there are more door frame huggers!

My cat also likes to paw various surfaces over and over, as if he's trying to dig through hard surfaces. He does it to the sliding glass door when he wants us to open it. He climbs in file cabinet drawers and goes way down into the bottom back of the cabinet and will just paw OVER AND OVER for 5 or 10 minutes straight sometimes. He does it on the wall of the bathtub, and the wall of another file cabinet we have too. Crazy ol cat!

WebWorkingGirl, Apr 7, 2012
    dkramarczyk likes this.
  8. dkramarczyk

I know, it is seriously amazing to hear about other cats doing the same thing. I thought my cat was just crazy. I really enjoy hearing about other cats doing weird things. My cat never jumps up quite that high, but she definitely enjoys herself when she does it.

dkramarczyk, Apr 8, 2012
  9. dkramarczyk

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

Awesome! So, I don't have the only psycho cat in the world?

SheWolfSilver, Apr 8, 2012
    dkramarczyk likes this.
Ask a Question