How often do you vaccuum?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by catlover2, Oct 7, 2010.

1. catlover2

catlover2 Well-Known Member

How often do you have to vaccuum your home? I have two Maine Coons, and they are longer haired cats. So they shed like crazy. I find myself vacuuming at least three times a week if not more. But I do not want lots of pet hair laying around. It is so much work but well worth it.

catlover2, Oct 7, 2010
  2. catlover2

catlover2 Well-Known Member

Well I have five cats and it seems like every two to three days I am pulling out the vaccuum. It does help though to get a vacuum made just for pets because then it does a better job at sucking the hair up .

catlover2, Oct 10, 2010
  3. catlover2

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I vacuum 3 days a week. My cat has short hair but I also take care of my relative's dog because they're not around much. So with both animals, the fur adds up.

ACSAPA, Sep 8, 2012
  4. catlover2

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

Daily, although both of our cats are smooth haired and don't really shed all that much. And surprisingly they are very good about staying off the furniture. They only sit on one of our office chairs or they like to sit up on our dressers.

OhioTom76, Sep 9, 2012
  5. catlover2

Jessi Well-Known Member

I actually don't vacuum more specifically because of cat hair. I don't notice it on the floors much.

Now how often do I have to vacuum myself? And how often do I have to use those sticky rollers to get hair off my clothes? Daily. :p

Jessi, Sep 10, 2012
  6. catlover2

footballtim Well-Known Member

I need to vacuum more often than I do, and that includes dusting. If a few days go by without me vacuuming, there are clumps of cat hair everywhere because Tabitha (on your left) sheds hair a lot. I also have to clean my air conditioner filter once a week instead of once a month.

footballtim, Sep 11, 2012
  7. catlover2

steph84 Well-Known Member

I do it every morning. Whenever I wake up there are little clumps of hair from my long hair cat. He plays around with the kitties at night and there is hair all over my living room. I might have to touch up in the afternoon if he is indoors all day, but if he is out playing then I am good to go till the next day.

steph84, Sep 12, 2012
  8. catlover2

Daintipawz Well-Known Member

I vaccuum the whole house daily, I polish daily so may as well vac daily too. When the cats are moulting I will vac twice a day.

Daintipawz, Oct 3, 2012
Ask a Question