Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Priya, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Priya

Priya New Member

Hi everyone, I am Priya from Canada. I am here because I am about to adopt my friend's cat, Felix. They're moving and the new apartment won't allow pets. So I offered to take Felix in...instead of having him go to a stranger. Felix seemed to like me the first day we met. He is a docile, loving cat. Loves snuggling and belly rubs.

However...I don't know much about cat care. I do have other pets, 55g hermit crab tank with 6 hermit crabs and 2 very awesome bunnies (also adopted. Adopted them separately and got them bonded. They had issues but they're best friends now. Inseparable!). The bunnies got the free run of our apartment most of the time and they're very loving as well. Felix

will get that too...he will be a full indoor cat. I need all the help with cat care though. I know the basics, like what things a cat need...and Felix is coming with most of it. I'll just need to get a scratchpost (though he doesn't scratch). However...I never owned a cat and I need lots of info. Thanks!

Priya, Jun 25, 2014
  2. Priya

Becky Well-Known Member

I must have missed your post - a very belated welcome to the forum! How is Felix doing?

Becky, Jul 21, 2014
  3. Priya

JES13 Member

Hi Priya,

I'm in Vermont, myself, I just joined too I know lots about my cats, what I have done is put a cat scratching post on each side of my couches so they don't scratch up my furniture AND I do have a few (cat) 'tree's set up near the windows, which they love...

People think that cats 'can't/don't' love us as much as our dogs do, but they do... They are NOT dogs and 'belly scratches' are NOT necessarily 'tolerated' by cats LOL....

O.k., you need to watch the 'ash and magniesum' contents of all the foods, they do tend to get Urinary Calculi (like kidney stones in humans). IF he/she will let you brush them that's GREAT you should do that when you two are relaxing, if the cat 'throws up' it's usually due to 'hair balls' and he/she is not necessarily 'sick'....

I can't think of much more advice to give you at this time - good luck and enjoy your new 'baby' (pet) <3

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
    JES13, Aug 6, 2014
Ask a Question