Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mindful7, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Mindful7

Mindful7 Member

I am pleased to be here.

I was born in the UK and moved to the Caribbean in August 2011. I have to admit that I was never a cat lover..... but now I have one of my very own, I love him to bits. He oozes love, chats like a crazy thing and naturally, without any coaxing, helps me clear the house of unwanted guests too. Lol. We're a great team, especially so as he was totally wild and freaked out when I first got him. He's awesome.

Have a great day!

Mindful7, Jan 21, 2013
  2. Mindful7

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! I get what you are saying, I used to hate cats, but then I got two...changed everything!

Scottyxx, Jan 21, 2013
  3. Mindful7

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

Welcome, welcome!:D
    I'm glad you found your love for cats, they're wonderful creatures. :)
    It sounds like he's a talented sweetheart, and I look forward to pictures of him!;)
    One of ours was a wild stray when we coaxed her into being our cat, so I know what you mean! They're the best when it come to hunting, more daring it seems as well.

CinnamonKiss, Jan 21, 2013
  4. Mindful7

Mindful7 Member

Hi Scotty. Thanks for the welcome and it's nice to know I'm not alone in terms of my initial reaction to cats. I thought I could be shot on here, coming out with that declaration - phew!

My dislike stemmed from a neighbours black cat which, as a small child, I had to pass under it whilst it sat peering at me from a kitchen cupboard. I kept fearing it would jump on me. There are other incidents as well, but like you, having your own makes a difference - very much so.

Mindful7, Jan 22, 2013
  5. Mindful7

Mindful7 Member

Hi CinnamonKiss. Thank you for the warm welcome. They really are wonderful creatures. In fact, he had a sister and they were both extremely wild. Sadly, on my return from a trip to the UK, she was no longer at home. She had a tendency to wander and my hubby said one day she did not return. I kept telling myself she'd left in search of me. So sad. My Kitty (that's his name btw), is as you said a true survivor. We have 3 dogs and constantly has to outrun them. He is very clever and escapes them every time. I totally agree with you as he is an excellent hunter.

Mindful7, Jan 22, 2013
    CinnamonKiss likes this.
  6. Mindful7

Becky Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear about Kitty's sister running away :(

Becky, Jan 23, 2013
  7. Mindful7

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

Also Mindful7, I am a fellow Brit living abroad. I am Scottish (hence the name) and I up and moved to Canada all alone in 2010!

Scottyxx, Jan 23, 2013
Ask a Question