Help for Diabetic Cats

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by mariposa, Apr 25, 2013.

1. mariposa

mariposa Well-Known Member

I've been getting quite the education about feline diabetes since our kitty-baby was diagnosed. When the vet suggested grain-free food, we were happy to try it and see if it would make a difference. It seems to be working very well and we're hoping to be able to get her off of the insulin at some point... or at least cut the amount in half. That would be so good! Right now we're doing a combination of wet and dry grain-free for the most part as well as a can of wet "regular" food about once a week because I'd had some of it already bought before starting this grain-free diet.

mariposa, Apr 25, 2013
  2. mariposa

Trellum Well-Known Member

To be honest I know very little about feline diabetes, because so far my Bob has avoided it. But I know he is not safe from it. A friend of mine does have a cat with diabetes, I think she has no idea about grain free food. I will let her know about it next time I talk to her. I think she should know. She was asking me a while ago what food she could feed her cat, but I had no answer.

Trellum, Jun 18, 2015
Ask a Question