Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CinnaJinx, May 13, 2015.

1. CinnaJinx

CinnaJinx Member

Ah! Fellow cat people! My people. Nice to meet you. I'm CJ and y'know, I'll admit I've never really gotten into the "cat owners community" scene before, but lately I've noticed that I'm subscribing to more and more cat picture feeds, and becoming more and more giddy whenever I see my cat...the neighbor's cat...any cat... I think it's starting to annoy my mother.

Anyway, I've got two babies right now. The one in my avatar is Leo, my youngest. I think he's about three now (he was a rescue and they weren't certain of his age when I got him). He is very cross-eyed and has a crooked tail. My other is a much older 15 and is a big black beast of a cat named Ziggy. At least, he's a beast compared to Leo. Here's my favorite picture of him:

[​IMG]

He tolerates me.

Aside from my kitties, my mom and I have a little white dog who likes to play with Leo but doesn't like Ziggy one bit (it's okay, he didn't like her first). We live in SoCal, out in the boonies right now, though we're originally from Orange County. The country is alright. The cats love it and Ziggy especially is getting some much-needed exercise. When I'm not cuddling my cats to death, I like to read, write, and waste time browsing the interwebs or playing Skyrim. Long walks on the beach are okay. I also binge-watch a lot of Netflix, but I'm really trying to read more.

I look forward to catting around with you all! :)

CinnaJinx, May 13, 2015
  2. CinnaJinx

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

Hi CJ! A big welcome to you, Ziggy and Leo. Haha catting around with you all, very good pun. I have never been to California, maybe someday. The furthest out West for me is Colorado. Hubby spent many summers out there, as his grandparents use to live in CA. Right now, my cats (Herman and Eddie), kids, and I are up in MI for the spring summer months. I must say it is a big adjustment for us all with the temperature change compared to Florida. Did I say brr, yet. Well, I am now. I can relate to you between life in the city and life in the country. Both have a lot to offer, but it sure is different in a lot of ways!

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your cats, they are just too cute! Leo looks a little like our Eddie. Speaking of Eddie, right now she is in play mode. lol Darting all over the room having a grand time. Meanwhile, Herman is taking a cat nap enjoying the morning sun on her by the window. I think the bird watching exhausted her and put her to sleep. lol Well, have a great day. Look forward to reading about your kitties!

Herman&Eddie, May 14, 2015
  3. CinnaJinx

CinnaJinx Member

Oh my stars, I adore your avatar. Tom Kitten was one of my favorites as a kid.

I can't take all the credit for the pun--my mom uses it to describe Ziggy's evening prowl. I always thought it was pretty cute, hehe.

I hope you do get the chance to visit California someday. It's quite lovely. SoCal is very warm but much drier than Florida, as I understand it. I've only passed through Northern California on my way up to Oregon (brr, indeed), but I hear it's beautiful and the weather is just about perfect. Funny you mention Colorado; the furthest East I've been is the Colorado River...although that's not saying much, as I still didn't need to leave California! Haha, some day I'll travel...

Thanks for the warm welcome! I look forward to reading about your kitties, too. Mine are out and about right now, probably trying to catch a tasty bird (we just moved and there are many interesting new things for them to chase). You have a great day, yourself! :)

CinnaJinx, May 14, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
Ask a Question