Harmful Foods For Cats

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by shdws, Feb 14, 2013.

1. shdws

shdws Well-Known Member

shdws, Feb 14, 2013
  2. shdws

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

Interesting list!! We don't do most of that or our cats don't like the food anyway. For the most part they like meat scraps, and we never give them bones. Sassy did get into my cereal milk on accident a few weeks ago, but that was a one time thing.
    They don't mention tuna juice, we only eat tuna maybe once every 2 months and we always split the juice between our two. We don't give the the tuna, only juice. I wonder if that's still bad?
    Another thing, what idiot is giving their pet alcohol or human medication? Seriously, I can understand some of these if not most, but ALCOHOL and HUMAN DRUGS? These people need to relinquish all rights to their pets and never reproduce.

CinnamonKiss, Feb 16, 2013
  3. shdws

jowjo5 Active Member

Good list. Good to know these things. I always try to be awae of what they shouldn't eat and I am learning as I go.

I would be terribly upset if anything happened to my cats because of lack of knowledge if I put them in harms way.

Thanks.

jowjo5, Feb 16, 2013
  4. shdws

Jessi Well-Known Member

I have a friend who used to let her cat drink coffee all the time. When I found out, I told her about how caffeine makes them sick and can even kill them. She had no idea. She's quite lucky she didn't end up letting her cat have too much.

Jessi, Feb 17, 2013
  5. shdws

shdws Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I know people who give their cat soda. Why? I'm not sure. I've warned them that it is definitely dangerous for a cat, but they think it's overblown.

shdws, Feb 20, 2013
  6. shdws

Jessi Well-Known Member

I'm really surprised that the cats drink it. Most cats don't seem to like sweet things. I just hope they're not giving them too much at a time then.

Jessi, Feb 20, 2013
  7. shdws

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

My cats will eat absolutely anything, so I have to be so careful when I eat dinner not to leave anything sitting out or they will be right into it! Thankfully, hey know to stay off the stove and counter tops so anything left there is safe

Scottyxx, Feb 20, 2013
Ask a Question