Guide to buying a kitten

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by BeautifulAngel, May 10, 2012.

1. BeautifulAngel

BeautifulAngel Well-Known Member

Here is a guide I have put together for buying a kitten or cat.

Think- The first step is to think or ponder whether or not you have the time to fully take care a kitten or cat. You must also put into consideration if you have the time, the energy or the money to do so. Kittens are cute but they are also a lot of work, keep that in mind when debating whether you would like to get a cat.

Select- Select the breed of kitten you would like to have. It's nice to bring a home a kitten, but will the kitten be a match for you? Different breeds means different kinds of personality and different attitudes. Don't just buy any kitten since some kittens aren't good around kids or are too hyper for your likings. You would want a kitten or cat that is a match for you so put in some thought in what kind of breed you'd like.

Get ready- Once you'd decided that you are ready for a kitten and/or cat as well as which breed, it is now time to make your house kitten proof. Kittens are like babies, they like to explore and they are very curious. You need to create a safe envirnment for your cat/kitten. Make sure they have no access to wires or anything else that can endanger them.

After making your house is safe for a cat and/or kitten, get some toys, bowls, cat carrier, litter box, bed, scratching post, collars and grooming supplies. This way you are already prepared for when the kitten gets home and you'll have more time to bond with your kitten.

Naming the Kitten- Naming a kitten is a very important part of bonding with your pet as well as training your new pet. When picking a name, pick a name for the kitten or cat that suits it. Try to not change the kittens name since that can confuse the kitten and the kitten may not respond as well.

Bringing the Cat/Kitten Home- Once you've brought the kitten home and your kitten is comfortable in it's new home, you should now introduce it to the other family members such as kids, your significant other or your other pets.

Indoor/Outdoor- you must decide whether or not you would prefer your cat to be an outside cat or an inside cat. Some people feel as though outdoor cats gets more exercise while others believe that indoor cats are more safe from getting hit by cars or not getting lost. Decide whether or not you would like your cat to be indoors or outdoors.

Congratulations you have now bought your new kitten or cat!

Please leave comments or feedback below

BeautifulAngel, May 10, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  2. BeautifulAngel

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

This information is exceptional. This information should help all potential kitten owners know for sure if they really want a kitten or cat in their home. Many cat lovers don't seem to think twice about all the things a kitten or cat will need in order to make everything run smoothly. I agree cat lovers must think long and hard before buying a kitten or cat. Then, when the decision is made, then, everyone will live happily ever after.

Jenny Heart, May 12, 2012
  3. BeautifulAngel

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

That's interesting reading. I didn't know that there's so much involved in getting a kitten. Maybe that's because I normally bring home abandoned kittens.

Victor Leigh, May 12, 2012
  4. BeautifulAngel

Becky Well-Known Member

Nice guide - thanks for sharing!

Becky, May 14, 2012
  5. BeautifulAngel

Thank you everyone for your comments! I'm really glad you have liked my guide! I am currently working on another guide as well =) It will be coming soon!

BeautifulAngel, May 15, 2012
  6. BeautifulAngel

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

How about giving us a peek preview? Like what it's going to be about? How about a guide on how to tell the sex of the kittens?

Victor Leigh, May 15, 2012
  7. BeautifulAngel

Mystique Well-Known Member

Brilliant post and tips, BeautifulAngel. I'm sure this thread would be helpful for those who have never bought and brought home a kitten/cat. Can't wait for your next guide!

Mystique, May 17, 2012
  8. BeautifulAngel

Sure I can do one about how to tell the sex of the kittens :) It'll be coming out soon!

BeautifulAngel, May 17, 2012
  9. BeautifulAngel

Thank you Mystique! Glad you like it!

BeautifulAngel, May 17, 2012
Ask a Question