Guard-cat

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Froz, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Froz

Froz Member

A few years ago I owned a female tabby cat whom was given to me when she was about 3/4 months old if I recall.
    I knew upfront that she was a bitter (figured it out as from the first day), but that did not bother me much, as despite having a somewhat nervous temper, she also could be very affectionate and would love to sleep on my lap for hours while I worked on my computer.

I did have to face a major problem though, as whenever I would have guests over she would lose it completely. She would hide behind furniture and suddenly out of the blue would just attack them (and this was very nasty). Just so you realize how bad it was, after a while my friends wouldn't dare to come over (I would have to lock her up in a room), especially those with young children which I could understand.

When my second child was born, I sadly had to give her away - I found a nice old lady willing to take her in though don't worry - while she had strangely never been too much trouble with my eldest, she gave me quite a few scares with the new born and I just could not trust her...

Has anyone here ever experienced anything similar?

Froz, Sep 11, 2014
  2. Froz

Trellum Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have heard of cats that act that way, I actually think my in laws cat is like that, he was a stray, but was adopted later on. I have no idea what they're going to do when my sister in law's little girl grow a bit more.... I guess they'll have to get rid of the cat, he is way to dangerous!

Trellum, Sep 21, 2014
Ask a Question